99% Done, Please help me out with the 1% left

Post by smi.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

99% Done, Please help me out with the 1% left

I started out 3 months ago but removing windows from all the computers
in my home and not 3 months later I can do 99% of my work on Redhat
7.0.  The following is a list of issues(things) that I am still trying
to find out how to do on Redhat. If you can help me please let me know
I would like to close the book on this!!

1) I use to use QuickBooks Pro on windows for running my bus, Does
   anyone use someone good??

2) I am a DJ and I burn alot of music cd. I use to make a master cd
   and then burn copies on windows.  Now that I am using Redhat.
   How do I copy music cd's  (no gaps on the track changes)??
   One more thing I only have one cd-rom so I have to make a image
   and then burn the copies.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

99% Done, Please help me out with the 1% left

Post by Rob Ristro » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:42:36

As for audio CDs, you can use the cdrecord option.  You will have to
install cdrecord and read the man pages; or search the web.  Basically
you are going to end up giving a list of .wav files on the command
line to cdrecord in the order that the tracks should appear in.
Something like:

cdrecord dev=/dev/sd0 audio song.wav song2.wav . . .

But that's probably wrong, look at the documentation.

As for QuickBooks Pro, I don't know all of it's features.  Linux has a
number of spreadsheets, and a few accounting like programs; I would do
some searches on www.freshmeat.net.

--Rob

smithj>
smithj> 99% Done, Please help me out with the 1% left
smithj> I started out 3 months ago but removing windows from all the
smithj> computers in my home and not 3 months later I can do 99% of my
smithj> work on Redhat 7.0.  The following is a list of issues(things)
smithj> that I am still trying to find out how to do on Redhat. If you
smithj> can help me please let me know I would like to close the book
smithj> on this!!
smithj>
smithj> 1) I use to use QuickBooks Pro on windows for running my bus, Does
smithj>    anyone use someone good??
smithj>
smithj> 2) I am a DJ and I burn alot of music cd. I use to make a master cd
smithj>    and then burn copies on windows.  Now that I am using
smithj>    Redhat.  How do I copy music cd's (no gaps on the track
smithj>    changes)??  One more thing I only have one cd-rom so I have
smithj>    to make a image and then burn the copies.
smithj>
smithj>
smithj>
smithj>
smithj> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
smithj> Before you buy.

99% Done, Please help me out with the 1% left

Post by Marc Cousi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

audio cd burning : you should give a try to cdrdao for exact
copy of audio cds ... it rips cds, stores the gaps in a table of contents
file and can then burn it back using Disk At Once (no required gaps between tracks)

99% Done, Please help me out with the 1% left

Post by Alex Deuche » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 04:42:43

Take a look at gnucash  and gnumeric for money management and
spreadsheet functionality, and take a look at gnometaoster for buring
cd's.  It is an easy to use front-end for cdrecord and cdrdao.

Alex

> 99% Done, Please help me out with the 1% left

> I started out 3 months ago but removing windows from all the computers
> in my home and not 3 months later I can do 99% of my work on Redhat
> 7.0.  The following is a list of issues(things) that I am still trying
> to find out how to do on Redhat. If you can help me please let me know
> I would like to close the book on this!!

> 1) I use to use QuickBooks Pro on windows for running my bus, Does
>    anyone use someone good??

> 2) I am a DJ and I burn alot of music cd. I use to make a master cd
>    and then burn copies on windows.  Now that I am using Redhat.
>    How do I copy music cd's  (no gaps on the track changes)??
>    One more thing I only have one cd-rom so I have to make a image
>    and then burn the copies.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. 99% Done, Please help me out with the 1% left

99% Done, Please help me out with the 1% left

I started out 3 months ago but removing windows from all the computers
in my home and not 3 months later I can do 99% of my work on Redhat
7.0.  The following is a list of issues(things) that I am still trying
to find out how to do on Redhat. If you can help me please let me know
I would like to close the book on this!!

1) I use to use QuickBooks Pro on windows for running my bus, Does
   anyone use someone good??

2) I am a DJ and I burn alot of music cd. I use to make a master cd
   and then burn copies on windows.  Now that I am using Redhat.
   How do I copy music cd's  (no gaps on the track changes)??
   One more thing I only have one cd-rom so I have to make a image
   and then burn the copies.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. fixed 2.2.5 Stable problem

3. Installed mandrake 9.0, now I'm greeted with "99 99 99 99"... please help!

4. Reducing load

5. L 99 99 99 error while booting

6. Adaptec AAA-133 vs AAA-131 which is right for me ?

7. Ftape 0.9.9d, Kernel 0.99.15, Modutils 0.99.15 Help.

8. Help: Internet use

9. X8514 problems with 0.99.4, please help

10. Can't compile kernel 0.99.12 SLS 1.03 - please help!

11. : if setup 0.99.14 kernel, then 0.99.13 kernel boots?!

12. Solaris 7 version: 3/99 or 5/99

13. New DOS 99 announcement!