NCURSES 1.9.9e: tegtent:warning: termcap entry to long

NCURSES 1.9.9e: tegtent:warning: termcap entry to long

Post by Ulrich Thoen » Fri, 24 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

I m still inhe process of installing ncurses (ver 1.9.9e).
I actually got rid of the most problems. On Linux 1.2.13. based on
Slackware 2.3. and Slackware pro 2.1 with ELF libraries 5.3.12 as well
as old a.out libraries and GCC 2.7.2 I compiled the libraries and the
shared libraries and installed them.

The test programs run good (only really minor errors)

However I only can restore my screen managaement like curser and color
(say man, jed setup and others) when doing export TERM=linux, because
the initial term con80x25 is not recognized anymore during bootup.
(let me mention when starting the setup programs from Slackware, it
only starts in black and white, allthough it should in color!)

So when doing this exportI get the message:

tegtent: warning: termcap entry to long.

this message appears againn every time, when Iam starting program like
man, jed which do some more or less fancy screen stuff. It also
appears, when I include it in the profile or in the rc.M file with the
command setterm.

Can anybody tell what's wrong?

Finally I'd like to ask for some information about the differences
between termcap and terminfo.

Thanks a lot,
Ulli Thoenes