ftape stop working when xlock is activated

ftape stop working when xlock is activated

Post by Jui-Ming Cha » Wed, 29 May 1996 04:00:00

ftape-2.03b and then  xlock the screen in openwin, after a while the tar
stop working and give me the message like, Broken pipe, I/O error.

    If I do the same
thing without locking the screen, it works flawlessly. I am wondering is it
a feature of xlock? Or is it a bug in ftape or tar or xlock program?

   Since it take  long time to back up a lot of file, it is really necessary
to lock the screen. I you have experience the same problem and has the
solution or answer to it, please tell me how to do.

Thanks a lot.

1. ftape stop working when xlock is activated

ftape-2.03b and then  xlock the screen in openwin, after a while the tar
stop working and give me the message like, Broken pipe, I/O error.

    If I do the same
thing without locking the screen, it works flawlessly. I am wondering is it
a feature of xlock? Or is it a bug in ftape or tar or xlock program?

   Since it take  long time to back up a lot of file, it is really necessary
to lock the screen. I you have experience the same problem and has the
solution or answer to it, please tell me how to do.

Thanks a lot.

2. Q: Proper sendmail group?

3. XF86 Display Problems

4. Mask mxcsr according to cpu features.

5. *Free* booklet -- "The Network Security Game"

6. xlock won't stop CTRL-ALT-BCKSPCE

7. xlock patch for RS/6000 (Was: Re: xlock compilation)

8. How can I activate/de-activate DTR and RTS in Unix

9. how do I activate/de-activate dns entry?

10. GNOME install looking for xlock, xlock looking for???