Warning: Invalid flag 0000 - Help

Post by odonn.. » Sat, 12 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I am having to reinstall everything as a result of a largely self-inflicted
disaster; I thought before I started that this would at least mean that I
would remember the problems as I encountered them, though I might have
forgotten the solutions - I'm an optimist.
When I set up Slackware I am getting repetitive warnings that I have an
invalid flag 0000 on some partition, which is fixable by write. I usually
get a segmentation fault when loading the devs section of the A series. Setup
otherwise completes and looks OK. _Except_ I always get a segmentation fault
from as86.
I don't even know if the two problems are connected; I do know that I didn't
have either of them in any previous installation.
I have formatted my HD (2GB) from scratch, partitioned it with w95/dos7 fdisk,
set my Linux partition with Linux fdisk 2.1, played about with Partition Magic
V2, and repeated and embroidered on most of it.
I have installed Slackware from CD and HD.
I have compiled as86, used the original CD version and downloaded and untarred
another binutils.
Total effect is I still have the problems.
Any suggestions gratefully received, preferably by email to

or the above address, as my news connection seems to miss a lot.
Thanks
Brian O'Donnell

1. WARNING: invalid flag 0000 of partition table 4 will be corrected by w(rite)

  I get this error during the slackware v2.0 (color.gz) "setup" procedure.
It occurs once before the initial screen displays and twice during the add
swap procedure.

    This error occurs regardless of the number of partitions (i.e. if there
are only 3 partitions the error still says "partition table 4").

    Anybody seen this?     ... and have an answer?

thanks

2. cannot boot from scsi drive

3. Warning: invalid flag 0000 of partition table 4 will be corrected by w(rite)

4. 02: Spew cancelled (originating at "clone.his.com" and appearing in "co

5. ATI XPert 99/2000 Graphics Adapter & Linux

6. HELP: Invalid flag 0000 of partition table 4.

7. help: booting a computer with bootp/dhcpd

8. invalid flag 0000 of partition table 4

9. Invalid Flag 0000

10. Invalid flag 0000 of partition table

11. invalid flag 0000 on partition 4 corrected by w(rite)

12. What's the meaning of "Invalid flag 0000 of partition ..."