anyone got a trident 9440 driver for X?

Post by powc » Wed, 13 Nov 1996 04:00:00

i got a trident 9440 display card that won't work with my linux, anyone out
there know how to fix this problem, please post up.

regards

Post by Artur Jasowi » Wed, 13 Nov 1996 04:00:00

: i got a trident 9440 display card that won't work with my linux, anyone out
: there know how to fix this problem, please post up.
Wow! What an overwhelming amount of details about your present configuration!
Assuming that you have Tgui9440agi and are having problems running plain
XFree86 3.1.x version of X (3.1.2G was the latest I know of) I would suggest
upgrading to 3.2.
The out-of-the-box 3.1.2 never worked right with Tgui9440agi. Later versions
did, for the most part. I just upgraded mine to 3.2 and it works really nice.

--
--              Artur Jasowicz              --
--            Digital Consulting            --

-- http://homepage.interaccess.com/~arturj/ --

anyone got a trident 9440 driver for X?

Post by Stan Brook » Sat, 16 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>i got a trident 9440 display card that won't work with my linux, anyone out
>there know how to fix this problem, please post up.

Works fine here with XFree86 v3.2,
See the README.trident in XFree docs.
As far as I can tell, you have to make up your own "modeline"
entries. Think there is a Modeline-HOWTO in the linux mini-HOWTO's
which helps with this.  This will be somewhat dependent on your
monitor.

You could Email me for a sample as a starting point, but be warned
that some people claim that incorrect sync pulse widths have damaged
their monitors over a period of time.

--
 --SJB             >> no-junk-mail-please! <<
--

1. Anyone managed to get Trident 9440 to work with 3.1.2Beta?

I decided to try the new beta of XFree86 3.1.2 with my Trident
9440 card but couldn't get it to work properly.  Both xf86config
and Xconfigurator seemed to run smoothly, however Xconfigurator
identified my card as a Trident 8900cl.  Anyway, with several
different configurations X still wouldn't display correctly so
it's back to my old 8900cl until this thing gets fixed.

If someone out there has indeed managed to get a Trident 9440 to
work in X by all means post your XF86Config here as I'm sure
there's a lot of folks out there who'd love to try it.

By the way, I may as well be very specific here: my card is
appartenly a Trident 9440, the chip itself says VGA PRO 9440 P1M
so maybe it's not a 9440AGi?? *shrug*

2. A5000 Setup Guide

3. Anyone Succeful at configuring x for pc with a trident 9440 vid card

4. NeXTStep File system

5. Will Trident 9440 PCI and Trident 8900 ISA under Linux?

6. NIM: periodic Ethernet traffic

7. trident 9440 driver

8. problems with corrupt apache log with 1.3 (and 2.0 crashes too).

9. Trident 9440 chip set: Existent driver?

10. driver for SVGA Trident 9440

11. help for trident 9440 x-driver

12. Trident 9440 chipset driver for X

13. X driver for Trident 9440 SVGA card for help