Updated to latest RH7 RPMs - POP3 stopped working

Updated to latest RH7 RPMs - POP3 stopped working

Post by Rithba » Tue, 31 Oct 2000 05:03:42

Sorry about the stupid questions. RH7 changed a bunch of stuff.

I upgraded our file/mail server to RH7. swat stopped working and it was
suggested that I install the RH7 updates. I did so, but now POP3 has
stopped working.

/var/log/messages is saying:
Oct 29 12:55:09 mithian xinetd[585]: Service pop-3 missing attribute
server

I'm not sure what this is saying.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your patience!

1. Upgraded to latest RH7 RPMs - POP3 stopped working!

Sorry about the stupid questions. RH7 changed a bunch of stuff and I'm
still adjusting my brain.

I upgraded our file/mail server to RH7. swat stopped working and it was
suggested that I install the RH7 updates. I did so, but now POP3 has
stopped working. I've twiddled with /etc/xinetd.d/pop3 a little bit to
no avail. inetd isn't activating pop3.

/var/log/messages is saying:
Oct 29 12:55:09 mithian xinetd[585]: Service pop-3 missing attribute
server

I'm not sure what this is saying.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your patience!

2. Possible Solaris 2.4 bug?

3. Something terribly wrong with RPM or the latest Redhat updates

4. scsi cdwriter not on /proc/scsi/scsi

5. Trying to get RH7 (xinetd) and the latest junkbuster to work -- any ideas

6. What's wrong with my /dev/sequencer midi setup?

7. sz stopped working with Solaris 2.3 latest patches?

8. Netscape and RedHat 6.2

9. WANTED: latest ghostscript in rpm format and works with RH 5.1

10. RH7.0 ftpd stopped working

11. my pppoe to Earthlink stopped working - RH7.2

12. RH7.3 - mgetty stopped working after up2date - what's wrong?

13. Will Texstar Mandrake i686 KDE RPMs work on RH7.1 on Pentium Pro?