RH 6.0, Xircom PCMCIA, kernel configurator, which module?

RH 6.0, Xircom PCMCIA, kernel configurator, which module?

Post by johnd.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hi,
        I have RH 6 running on my laptop.  I installed from CD so I did
not setup networking.  I would like to do so now.  I have a Xircom PS-CE2
-10 card that should be fully supported.  In any event, the laptop makes
the correct beep when it detects the card.  I'm using the kernel
configurator from RH's control panel to try and add this adapter.  I try
to add eth0 and I am prompted for a module.  Which is the appropriate
module for this card?

thanks

Post by admin-k » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>hi,
>    I have RH 6 running on my laptop.  I installed from CD so I did
>not setup networking.  I would like to do so now.  I have a Xircom PS-CE2
>-10 card that should be fully supported.  In any event, the laptop makes
>the correct beep when it detects the card.  I'm using the kernel
>configurator from RH's control panel to try and add this adapter.  I try
>to add eth0 and I am prompted for a module.  Which is the appropriate
>module for this card?

>thanks

in etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg.eth0
should be like this

DEVICE=eth0
IPADDR=a.b.c.d
NETMASK=255.255.255.e
NETWORK=a.b.d.e
BROADCAST=a.b.c.255
ONBOOT=yes

in /etc/resolv.conf should be like:

NETWORKING=yes
FORWARD_IPV4=false
HOSTNAME=mymachine.domain.xx
DOMAINNAME=domainname.xx
GATEWAY=a.b.c.g
GATEWAYDEV=eth0

restart system and go to work in networking

jani

RH 6.0, Xircom PCMCIA, kernel configurator, which module?

Post by Roope Anttine » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>    I have RH 6 running on my laptop.  I installed from CD so I did
> not setup networking.  I would like to do so now.  I have a Xircom PS-CE2
> -10 card that should be fully supported.  In any event, the laptop makes
> the correct beep when it detects the card.  I'm using the kernel
> configurator from RH's control panel to try and add this adapter.  I try
> to add eth0 and I am prompted for a module.  Which is the appropriate
> module for this card?

xirc2ps_cs BUT pcmcia package should be able to autodetect that (it does it
for me in SuSE).

Roope

--
MicroSoft? is that some kind of a toilet paper?
PS: Look for address here, not from headers. And remove NOSPAM's

                  +358 9 812 7567  /  +358 40 750 4480
                http://myy.helia.fi/~anttiner/index.html
   Helsinki Business Polytechnic - Institute of information technology