red hat 6.1 graphical install interface...where is it?

red hat 6.1 graphical install interface...where is it?

Post by dave michael » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

currently running windows98 on an amd k6-2/475Mhz pc w/32Mb ram & 8.4Gb
hard drive...ran dos' fdisk, created a 6Gb partition for windows and a 2Gb
extended drive for linux to find/use/reside.
after formating c:\ and reloading windows98, i slapped in my red hat v6.1
boot-CD and rebooted my system.
it presented me with 3 or 4 opening options, #1 was press 'enter' for the
graphical, mouse-based install program...i pressed 'enter'...did NOT get
graphical but the (blah!) text mode installer :-(
what happened??
have since tried several times, unsuccessfully, to reload linux with the
boot-CD...no luck...can only get the text mode installer :-o
sure, i've contacted red hat support but they, like God, move in
mysterious ways...
now, not even my dos fdisk program will undo my original partitioning...
help !!

red hat 6.1 graphical install interface...where is it?

Post by Spiral Ma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

try using the text mode installer, there is nothing all that special about the
graphical installer other than it looks pretty.  The text mode installer will
work just fine if you can use the arrow keys to move around the menus.  At
least you are not installing the OS manually...

Spiral man

> currently running windows98 on an amd k6-2/475Mhz pc w/32Mb ram & 8.4Gb
> hard drive...ran dos' fdisk, created a 6Gb partition for windows and a 2Gb
> extended drive for linux to find/use/reside.
> after formating c:\ and reloading windows98, i slapped in my red hat v6.1
> boot-CD and rebooted my system.
> it presented me with 3 or 4 opening options, #1 was press 'enter' for the
> graphical, mouse-based install program...i pressed 'enter'...did NOT get
> graphical but the (blah!) text mode installer :-(
> what happened??
> have since tried several times, unsuccessfully, to reload linux with the
> boot-CD...no luck...can only get the text mode installer :-o
> sure, i've contacted red hat support but they, like God, move in
> mysterious ways...
> now, not even my dos fdisk program will undo my original partitioning...
> help !!

> --

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. mke2fs unable to find inode block

3. Intellimouse Pointer Uncontrollable at Red Hat Linux 6.1 Graphical Login

4. newest version of vi

5. RH install 6.1 graphical interface

6. File System questions -- please help.

7. red hat 6.1 install problems

8. missing modules sourcecode in SuSE 8.0 installation

9. Linux Red Hat 6.1 Install SuSE Server HELP!

10. Red Hat 6.1 Hangs After Install

11. Newbie - Installing Red Hat 6.1

12. Installing Red Hat Linux 6.1