wvdial problem!

Post by The Passenge » Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

Wvdial disconnects, so I've checked /var/log/messages, and found this:

[Chat779]-Can't restore terminal parameters: invalid argument.

Can someboby help me out with this?

Thank you,

Stefan

wvdial problem!

Post by zent.. » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,

>Wvdial disconnects, so I've checked /var/log/messages, and found this:

>[Chat779]-Can't restore terminal parameters: invalid argument.

>Can someboby help me out with this?

Try putting "Stupid mode = yes" in wvdail.conf.
I don't know if this will help, but it's worth a try.
I was using wvdial on an isp, and it would disconnect
for seemingly no reason.
It seemed that I was being asked for pap twice
as I was handed off from one machine to another.
If wvdial sent the conventional login to the second machine, it
would just disconnect.
"Stupid mode= yes" tells wvdial to only send pap-secrets
when asked to login.
It works for me. It's in the wvdial docs.

1. wvdial problems

hi there,

im trying to connect to the internet using debian and wvdial.

i have established a nameserver configuration file, and created
a link from the serial port connected to the modem to /dev/modem.

my reference then suggests the following two commands

1.  type in - route del default
     output -     SIOCDELRT: No such process

2. type in - wvdial
    output - cannot open /dev/modem: Input/output error

anyone with any suggestions?

patrick

2. gui installation of solaris 10.

3. RP3 (wvdial) Problem

4. Possible to NFS mount a FS > 2Gb?

5. wvdial problem

6. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (4/7) [Frequent posting]

7. jpeg -> ps

8. wvdial problem with my RH 8.0 Compaq Presario

9. WVDial problem

10. pppd and/or wvdial problems

11. Wvdial Problem with redial