S3 Virge

Post by Raleigh Bella » Mon, 02 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone help me get my S3 Virge running under X? I have it working only
in VGA with 16 colors. I need the info for setting up XF86Config.

TIA

Raleigh Bellas

www.bellas.com

S3 Virge

Post by Two Hawk » Tue, 03 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Can anyone help me get my S3 Virge running under X? I have it working only
>in VGA with 16 colors. I need the info for setting up XF86Config.

>TIA

>Raleigh Bellas

I saw an updated driver for S3 V for Linux at www.redhat.com under hardware,
video I think.
Please let me know when you find out how to set up config.

S3 Virge

Post by Mark Nei » Tue, 03 Feb 1998 04:00:00

: Can anyone help me get my S3 Virge running under X? I have it working only
: in VGA with 16 colors. I need the info for setting up XF86Config.

   Get XFree86 version 3.3, it contains support for the newest ViRGE
chipsets, which 3.2 will not recognize.

--Mark

S3 Virge

Post by Andy For » Sun, 08 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Can anyone help me get my S3 Virge running under X? I have it working only
> in VGA with 16 colors. I need the info for setting up XF86Config.

> TIA

> Raleigh Bellas

> www.bellas.com

Hey Dimiti

basic procedure:
        1. get the horizontal and vertical sync
parameters            for your monitor (manual?
mfgrwebsite?)
        2.run xf86config program
        3.startx !
There's tons of docs in /usr/X11/lib/X11/doc, man pages,
etc.

--
yours,
Andy

S3 Virge

Post by rks » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

X 3.3.1 has some bug fixes for the S3V.....

> Can anyone help me get my S3 Virge running under X? I have it working only
> in VGA with 16 colors. I need the info for setting up XF86Config.

> TIA

> Raleigh Bellas

> www.bellas.com

1. S3 ViRGE/DX and S3 ViRGE/GX: is one better than the other?

On a friend's recommendation, I ordered an S3 ViRGE/DX video card for
the PC I am putting together. I received an S3 ViRGE/GX card instead.

Is one better than the other in general? Is one more compatible with
XFree86? Or are the two roughly the same, so that I should just keep
the GX card?

Thanks for your input,

Mike Decerbo

617-873-4443

2. finding offending hosts

3. S3 ViRGE/VX boards (was Re: Virge dotclocks - DS3D 2000 or 3000?)

4. Sparc 5s won't talk!!!

5. Video Selection for S3 Virge chip?

6. KDE2 and Solaris

7. S3 ViRGE/VX problem

8. hard question: fvwm2 and Red Hat 5.0

9. glquake with a S3 virge/dx card?

10. Is S3 Virge/GX video card supported by X?

11. S3 ViRGE and XFree86

12. S3 ViRGE DX Problems

13. S3 Virge Chipset