WWW server cgi facility not working (HELP)

WWW server cgi facility not working (HELP)

Post by Mayeux Glenn » Mon, 31 Jul 1995 04:00:00

HELP with WWW CERN or  NCSA cgi functionality.

I installed boths WWW servers the one from CERN and the NCSA.

Neither one will serve my cgi scripts. I am running slackware
2.0. Every time I try to acces a script with an Action html form
I get the typical "ERROR: Requested document (URL
http://moon.datasys.swri.edu/cgi-bin/comments_to_webmaster)
could not be accessed.
The information server either is not accessible or is
refusing to serve the document to you."

So, I try everything I know and follow the linux journal
step by step and other books, I even installed the NCSA
www server, just in case it was the CERN server the one
not working but I got the same result. The rest of the
functionality of the server is there (works OK) but I
can not run any cgi scripts. This scripts work in
other systems.

So, I am open to ideas and any help anyone can give me.

Thanks.

1. Help needed with CGI scripts for Unix WWW server

Hiya,

I have never used perl before, but I have to write a script for a WWW
server in perl. I was wondering if anyone could give me some
information, or where to get it, about how to use perl to get the
information from a WWW client, and then to respond with some of the
information back to the client.

If somebody out there has a script that will give me an example of
this I would be very grateful.

Here's what I want to do:-

I have a form with 5 keys. I want the server to append all five fields
to the end of a file, and also return four of the keys back to the
client (for confirmation).

Thanks in advance,

Nick

http://www.wlv.ac.uk/~cm6618/nick/      | World Tel: +44 1902 686987
Wolverhampton Wanderers World Wide Web  | http://www.wlv.ac.uk/~cm6618/wolves/

2. RedHat 5.1 install problem - hangs as soon as it starts

3. Perl CGI not working although shell script CGI's do

4. printer offline ? HELP

5. Novell Netware WWW Servers versus Linux WWW Servers

6. Kernel compiling

7. Need CGI-usable CBR engine for WWW server

8. SMP problem when compiling

9. CGI-BIN directory under Nescape's WWW Server

10. APACHE server not displaying all in a CGI script HELP!

11. URGENT request for help..no cgi's work on our server

12. WWW CGI script help

13. problems configuring shared memory facility and semaphores facility