PAP/CHAP Problems in RedHat

Post by Thomas Knigh » Wed, 11 Sep 1996 04:00:00

We are having difficulties getting our RedHat linux machine to talk
PAP/CHAP over dialup with an NT Server.  Is there any documentation
available detailing PAP/CHAP setup?  I find lots of info on PPP/SLIP
in general, but none on PAP/CHAP.

Thomas

1. pppd - PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 protocol negotiation

Hi,

We have clients connecting to pppd 2.4.2b1.
Clients are able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 if
the pppd configuration is set up to require a specific protocol, eg:

If we change /etc/ppp/options to not request a specific protocol,
clients can only connect using PAP or MS-CHAP-V2. Client trying to
connect through CHAP or MS-CHAP fail and Pppd logs the error "peer
refused to authenticate: terminating link"

pppd configuration:

We'd like our clients to be able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP
or MS-CHAP-v2, the protocol being negotiated by server and client...

I suppose it's a pppd configuration issue; any help is highly
appreciated.
Thx.
dan

2. SunOS segment drivers

3. Howto dial ISP running NT4 - chap, pap, ms-chap?

4. Ext2 with filesystem compression?

5. Setting up PPP (possibly using PAP/CHAP) on Redhat 7.1

6. Need help seting up a Umax 2200 scanner

7. redhat linux and pap/chap

8. Dual G4 and SCSI (Adaptec 39160)

9. Under RedHat 5 PPP how do you switch from PAP to CHAP?

10. redhat linux and pap/chap

11. chap/pap problems with MSN logon

12. Problems with PPP using CHAP and PAP