Blank screen when installing Debian on a Micron laptop

Blank screen when installing Debian on a Micron laptop

Post by McChesn » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I suspect that this may have already been answered but there are to many
messages for me to wade through to try and find it.  Anyway, I have a
MIcron Transport laptop and am trying to install Debian.  Upon inserting
and booting off the Linux install bot disk I just get a blank screen - the
computer appears to be running fine I just get no video.  Any help is
greatly appreciated, but please e-mail me as I may miss a post.

--

http://www.veryComputer.com/~jasp/asmaul1.html
Windows 95; the most user friendly pile of *ever designed.

1. Trying to Install InfoMagic v3.0 on micron laptop and micron server - pci error on both???

i am trying to install and when i boot from the boot/root disk it
generates a quick fatal error about the pci bus, the scrren goes black
and the party is over...

any ideas??? i can't seem to catch the error to really see what is
wrong. i have tried about all of the boot/root disk setup combos. both
machines do the same thing.

Thanks for any guidance

2. AliasMatch to remove ~ in URL

3. Newbie..Blank screen during laptop install :(

4. Detailed information on Unix memory management?

5. Micron laptop and Debian

6. Hard Disks and AUX manuals FORSALE

7. Sony laptop screen blank in Linux?

8. Accidentally encrypted VI file and i don't know the key!!

9. Toshiba Laptop: startx -> blank screen

10. vi blanks out, long listing blanks screen

11. Help Micron Transport Laptop & Redhat V4.0 Install

12. Blank screen/install/(STB Express PCI)

13. Blank Screen in Linux/PPC install