S1692DL Tiger 2 unknown PCI bridge :unknown Host bridge :unknown PCI Device

S1692DL Tiger 2 unknown PCI bridge :unknown Host bridge :unknown PCI Device

Post by -j » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have a Tyan S1692DL Tiger 2, and when I boot into linux, am getting
these unknown device errors.  What it comes down to is that these
devices are not in my include/linux/pci.h and I have already reported
the new pci devices.

Has anyone , had to deal w/ this already ?

ANY KIND of input would be appreciated

-j

Post by Andy Jefferso » Mon, 30 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> I have a Tyan S1692DL Tiger 2, and when I boot into linux, am getting
> these unknown device errors.  What it comes down to is that these
> devices are not in my include/linux/pci.h and I have already reported
> the new pci devices.
> Has anyone , had to deal w/ this already ?

I've got the same m/b and the same messages (surprisingly !). It doesn't seem
to cause any problems with operation. Have you looked at the latest development
kernels (2.1.*) to see if the LX chipset (which is what it is moaning about) is
in yet ? I'm waiting for a stable kernel with these included.
--
Andy Jefferson

1. Warning: unknown pci device please read /include/linux/pci.h

Hi, I tried to install Redhat 4.2 yesterday on my new PC, installation
goed fine, but  when booting Linux, the following messages appear.

Warning: unknown pci device please read /include/linux/pci.h
Warning: unknown pci device please read /include/linux/pci.h
Warning: unknown pci device please read /include/linux/pci.h
Warning: unknown pci device please read /include/linux/pci.h

I installed it on a SCSI disk, which is hooked up to a PCI SCSI
controller (NCR810/Asus SC200). SCSI ID 0, 800Mb Linux native, 200Mb
Linux Swap. There are also 3 IDE disks connected.
My old system, Asus tp54xe (FX chip set) with IBM P166+ worked fine,
but my new one Asus TX97e with P200 mmx (clocked at  250MHz) doesn't.
I think it has something to do with the TX chipset, the overclocking
works fine with dos/win95/nt.

Gert-Jan

2. Can perl's delimiter (/) be modified?

3. Question: PCI Bios messages (Unknown PCI device, IRQ probe failed)

4. Upgrade to Solaris 8 from Solaris 7

5. Configuring PCI<-->PCI bridges behind Cardbus bridges

6. forums

7. unknown host - unknown problem!!

8. freeBSD 3.3 is better SERVER than RH 6.1 linux???

9. unknown pci device and scsi:0 hosts

10. Unknown PCI - how to add to pci.h?

11. Unknown PCI Device

12. unknown PCI device