A Kppp question.

Post by Dave Critell » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello:

Can someone please tell me how to insert an initialization strings into
my kppp dialer?
I need to add an "AT&F" into the init string to get my modem to work
properly.
Is there a script file somewhere that I can edit?

Thank you.
Dave

A Kppp question.

Post by doofus6.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Hello:

> Can someone please tell me how to insert an initialization strings into
> my kppp dialer?
> I need to add an "AT&F" into the init string to get my modem to work
> properly.
> Is there a script file somewhere that I can edit?

> Thank you.
> Dave

Bring up the kppp window, select setup.  Select the modem tab.  There are
three buttons there.  I think it's the topmost one that brings up a window
with a whole bunch of modem commands on it.  There is one with ATZ in it near
the top.  Edit that and add your &F to it.  But, isn't there a number
associated with that F, like 3 or something.  Check that out.  One way to do
this is (pardon the heresy!) look at the strings put out by your Dialup thing
in Windoze.  Or, if you're into real pain, look at the kppp how-to, I think
there's an appendix with Hayes modem command set.  For fun, check out eznet
as an alternative. Hope this helps.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

A Kppp question.

Post by Hamid Misn » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Hello:

>Can someone please tell me how to insert an initialization strings into
>my kppp dialer?
>I need to add an "AT&F" into the init string to get my modem to work
>properly.
>Is there a script file somewhere that I can edit?

Setup->Modem->Modem Command->Init String, change the ATZ to AT&F or just add
at the back of ATZ -> ATZ&F.

--

- I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere!

1. strange kppp problems only with kppp in kde2

Hello!

I upgraded from kde to kde2 and in the beginning still used my old
kppp (from the old kde) which worked as before.

Now that I installed the updated kppp for kde2 as well, there are some
funny problems I don't understand!
The problem with setuid or write permission for the lock file was only
a minor problem, but the real problem now is:

Agent running under wine now gives me an error: not enough memory to
initialize winsock... !?
I really can't see the reason for this recent error with the new kppp;
I have lots of free memory, and moreover, other internet applications
work o.k., like netscape, ftp etc. And still I can't get Agent to
connect any longer.

So I went back to my still fully functional kppp from the old kde1,
apart from using pure dip and chat scripts which I mostly used anyway
instead of tools like kppp.

Anyone else noticed this annoyance, and perhaps someone know the
reason and a good solution?

thanks
Peter

2. Second NIC?

3. Kppp question

4. xcdplayer question

5. KDE kppp application Question?

6. web/email/ftp etc.. over school's network....(better explanation inside)

7. gnome-ppp, kppp for users? Permission question.

8. PANIC: Can not login in

9. kppp and netscape related questions

10. suse 7.3 kde 2.2.1 kppp question

11. IDIOT NEWBIE QUESTION : kppp and other users

12. Newbie wvdial & kppp questions

13. telnet and also kppp questions