Redhat Linux 5.2 and S3-Virge DX problems

Redhat Linux 5.2 and S3-Virge DX problems

Post by Bo Sehlber » Sun, 29 Nov 1998 04:00:00

When installing this version of Linux the probing will trash the
characters in the following installation windows. It is impossible
to read the information. I have however managed to complete
the installation anyhow, and after having started X-Windows
and exiting from the Window manager I have the same trashed
character-based window, impossible to read.
Does anyone have a clue how to correct this.
Thanks

/Bosse

1. S3 ViRGE/DX and S3 ViRGE/GX: is one better than the other?

On a friend's recommendation, I ordered an S3 ViRGE/DX video card for
the PC I am putting together. I received an S3 ViRGE/GX card instead.

Is one better than the other in general? Is one more compatible with
XFree86? Or are the two roughly the same, so that I should just keep
the GX card?

Thanks for your input,

Mike Decerbo

617-873-4443

2. ot: whats that fraud squad address?

3. S3 virge DX chipset and redhat 5.0 install problems

4. pcnfsd setup

5. s3 virge Dx chipset& redhat

6. Is there a solution? (resizing window ncurses)

7. S3 virge Dx chipset and redhat 5.0

8. A question about sigaction and core files

9. s3 virge Dx chipset& redhat 5.0

10. RedHat 5.2 and S3 Virge Mx+ (Notebook)

11. redhat 5.0 and S3 virge DX chipset

12. Mouse corruption usiing Redhat 5.2 w/SVGA server and S3 Virge GX card

13. S3 Virge / DX with RedHat 4.2 (Xfree 3.2)