NFS mounting problem.

Post by Brad Killebr » Tue, 08 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I've got a question about mounting /home via NFS.

We've got a cluster of 50 Linux boxes.  Since these are for student
access, I'd like to mount their home directory on a network file server,
also a Linux machine.

I would like to mount the server's /export directory as /home on
the client.  I've had success doing this, but for some reason the
users do not have write priveleges.   This is how I've got it setup:

On the client, in /etc/fstab:

# network mounted file systems.
129.7.17.100:/export            /home nfs rw,exec 1 1

And on the host, in /etc/exports:

/export                 tech*.tech.uh.edu(rw)

Does anyone see my error?  Basically, I want all of the machines
in the Linux cluster to mount their /home directories from the /export
directory on the NFS server.

Any help would be great.

-Brad Killebrew
-UH College of Technology

1. nfs mount problem: mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

What does can't get address mean on my linux system?
How can I fix it?

I am running caldera 2.3, red hat 6.1, and
mandrake 6.??
I can't get nfs working from any of them to
any others.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Manually setting monitor refresh rate.

3. NFS mount problems: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

4. Joystick on Ensoniq1371

5. Problem with NFS mounting problems

6. PROBLEM: compiling loop device

7. NFS mounting problems :(

8. installation boot disk doesn't!

9. NFS mounting problems

10. NFS mount problems

11. RedHat NFS mount problem

12. NFS mounting problems with Linux and Solaris 2.6

13. NFS mount problems..? Patches??