3Com 5610 on Com5

Post by xfact.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Running Mandrake 7.0

I have a 3Com 5610 ( USR PCI faxmodem )which is definitely compatible
with Linux. I have searched through some of the old usenet messages on
this topic, but haven't gotten a thorough explanation on how to make
this modem work, because it ( according to Windows ) is on Com5. Using
Kppp I can't get it to work.
The main responses to this problem involve 2 operations : IRQ and PnP
in the BIOS, and setserial in the kernel or within linux somewhere. I
went into my Bios and found nothing related to IRQ or PnP ( it
said "Phoenix BIOS ).

Any ideas?
THanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. 3Com 5610 on Com5

Running Mandrake 7
 I have a 3Com 5610 ( USR PCI faxmodem )which is definitely compatible
with Linux. I have searched through some of the old usenet messages on
this topic, but haven't gotten a thorough explanation on how to make
this modem work, because it ( according to Windows ) is on Com5. Using
Kppp I can't get it to work.
The main responses to this problem involve 2 operations : IRQ and PnP
in the BIOS, and setserial in the kernel or within linux somewhere. I
went into my Bios and found nothing related to IRQ or PnP ( it
said "Phoenix BIOS ).

Any ideas?
THanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Linux needs AppleWorks (or something like it).

3. Help!!!!

4. USRobotics PCI 56K Modem (5610-rev1) with COM5 in Windows

5. Masquerading & netstat

6. Help with 3Com 5610 modem

7. Dual ethernet routing/firewall problem

8. HOWTO setup a US Robotics/3Com 56K PCI FaxModem Model 5610/2977

9. 3Com USR 5610 PCI Modem Problems

10. USR/3COM 5610 modem

11. Help with 3Com 5610 modem

12. Help with a 3Com 5610 modem