AH2940 - can't see device

Post by Andre le Ro » Wed, 17 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi

I have an Adaptec 2940 SCSI card with the AHA-2940S76. It came with
Bios version 1.21.

When trying to boot from the slackware 3.0 bootdisk ad2940 I get
0 SCSI hosts detected. I saw, in some other posting that the Bios
might be the problem so I tried with Bios version 1.23 and got the
same problem.

Any ideas ??

Thanks in advance

Aerotek
CSIR
South Africa

AH2940 - can't see device

Post by Rolf Muelle » Wed, 17 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> Hi

> I have an Adaptec 2940 SCSI card with the AHA-2940S76. It came with
> Bios version 1.21.
> Hi,

I find this problem very interesting indeed, because I am having it myself right know
aswell. Unfortunately I don't know an answer either...

I receive an additional warning message from the boot kernel (same kernel
as Andre is using) stating that there is an unknown pci-device.

One recommendation I was given was to remove my ne2000, but this card wasn't
responsible.

I have an asus PCI/I P4SP54 motherboard, I wonder whether some motherboard specifics
might be involved in this. If other people having the same problem could have a look at
this, maybe this would be useful.

Needless to say that I would be very thankful for any recommendation, too.

Thanks a lot.

Rolf

AH2940 - can't see device

Post by Brian Fod » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

:>
:>>
:>> Hi
:>>
[...]

Got the same motherboard and 2940 (ver 1.2).  I found a Redhat kernels
works great for me.  Because Redhat kept moving it, I copied it to
ftp.skypoint.com/pub/members/b/bkfoddy

Only file in there (its gzipped, so unzip it first)

Brian Foddy
Minneapolis, MN

AH2940 - can't see device

Post by Andre le Ro » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: >
: > Hi
: >
[...]

I tried to remove my network card but still get the same problem. By
the way I also get the same message as Rolf: unknown pci-device.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aerotek
CSIR
South Africa

AH2940 - can't see device

Post by John S Flowe » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>> Hi

>> I have an Adaptec 2940 SCSI card with the AHA-2940S76. It came with
>> Bios version 1.21.
>> Hi,

<Snip>

I have used kernel 1.3.74 and recompiled to support the AHA-2940 SCSI
card with a variety of SCSI hard drives, the largest being a 4 Gig
Fujitsu.

jsf

! John S Flowers           Internet Systems Engineer !

! http://www.energy1.com          (816) 467-3801     !

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. Sendmail issue on fresh Solaris 8 box

3. Setting up the NIC

4. 'ping' sees route but 'telnet' doesn't??

5. Mystery w/ UDMA/66 WD/IBM Drives Solved

6. logon not seen by 'w' and 'who'?

7. samba performance problem

8. Odd Solaris problem: file is seen by 'vi' but not 'ls' ???

9. Cannot open master raw device '/dev/rawctl' (No such device)

10. Existing file can't be seen with 'ls'