Under RedHat 5 PPP how do you switch from PAP to CHAP?

Under RedHat 5 PPP how do you switch from PAP to CHAP?

Post by MJ Rabi » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi folks,

Under RedHat 5 PPP how do you switch from PAP to CHAP? It doesn't seem to be
an option under control panel/network set-up. What am I missing?

Thanks, Jeff Rabin

1. pppd - PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 protocol negotiation

Hi,

We have clients connecting to pppd 2.4.2b1.
Clients are able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 if
the pppd configuration is set up to require a specific protocol, eg:

If we change /etc/ppp/options to not request a specific protocol,
clients can only connect using PAP or MS-CHAP-V2. Client trying to
connect through CHAP or MS-CHAP fail and Pppd logs the error "peer
refused to authenticate: terminating link"

pppd configuration:

We'd like our clients to be able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP
or MS-CHAP-v2, the protocol being negotiated by server and client...

I suppose it's a pppd configuration issue; any help is highly
appreciated.
Thx.
dan

2. Samsung CLP510,connected to a Printserver, doesnot print...

3. Setting up PPP (possibly using PAP/CHAP) on Redhat 7.1

4. Sco Open Desktop for IBM Laptops

5. Howto dial ISP running NT4 - chap, pap, ms-chap?

6. Virtual Machines

7. SWBell PPP/PAP/CHAP/Whatthehell? RH 5.0

8. How do I do subdomains?

9. PPP script for client callback with PAP/CHAP

10. PPP, PAP, CHAP in plain english

11. PAP, CHAP or PPP ?

12. Solaris 2.5 PPP and Win95 PAP/CHAP Question

13. PPP using CHAP not PAP