ATX automatic powerdown

Post by Jan Van Nieuwenhov » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I've installed RedHat 6.1 with GNOME ... my pc is ATX-based, so it
should be possible for me to tell to RH to powerdown my pc upon shutting
down, but when I do something like 'shutdown now' it shuts down good put
doesn't power down, instead it gives a general page fault error (or
something like that, I can't remember exactly) ... are there some
settings I must check  ? maybe in my BIOS ?

thanks

ATX automatic powerdown

Post by Keith McGaughra » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi,

> I've installed RedHat 6.1 with GNOME ... my pc is ATX-based, so it
> should be possible for me to tell to RH to powerdown my pc upon shutting
> down, but when I do something like 'shutdown now' it shuts down good put
> doesn't power down, instead it gives a general page fault error (or
> something like that, I can't remember exactly) ... are there some
> settings I must check  ? maybe in my BIOS ?

> thanks

Sounds like you have a super 7 motherboard with a VIA mvp3 chipset

My EPox mvp3G-M board had the same thing happen ( didn't cause any
problems)

the latest bios on the http://www.epox.com  site has fixed the problem

hope this helps

Keith McGaughran
Sydney
Australia

--
Keith McGaughran
Sydney Australia

1. Automatic Powerdown problems

Hi all,

when I logout from Gnome and select 'Halt' my system does not automatically
powerdown. However, if I select 'Halt' from the graphical logon screen menu
(before you log in) my system does powerdown automatically.

The shutdown sequence seems identical to me, however, when the system does
power down automatically the message 'Power Off' appears briefly before the
computer turns off. When I have to turn it off manually it just says "The
system is now halted."

I am running RedHat 7 on an AMD TBird 750, Asus A7V mobo. Does anyone have
any idea what can cause this? Is there a config file I have to edit
somewhere so that the system powers off with gnome??

Thanks,
Frank

2. Problem Booting Linux

3. Automatic Powerdown on signal from a UPS.

4. Problem: Too many open files

5. Micro-ATX MB in ATX case/LG CD Rewriter

6. Kylix for FreeBSD?

7. Automatic Backups -- or automatic in general. :)

8. HELP : C and PASCAL

9. mandrake no powerdown

10. HD powerdown/standby?

11. wake on lan + powerdown ?