Shared Library file called Glide.......

Post by Jane Spence » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 01:19:15

Hi,

I have installed the latest version of Xfree86 (v4.2.0), this installed
fine.  Now when I run XFree86 -configure I get the error 'Could not load
shared Library file Glide 'libglide2x.50'!'.

I followed the instructions step by step when installing this.  The
reason I need it is for Suse SLES v7.0 to be able to see my display card
correctly (ATI Rage 128 Ultra).

Are there any other ways of installing the Xwindow system (So I can use
Gnome or KDE).  I thought I could do it with Sax or Sax 2, but I still
can't get a resolution above 800 * 600.

Any help appreciated....

Jane

-----------------------------

Tel:- (0118) 9245157
Mob :- 0778 5502557
Fax :- (0118) 9240509

-----------------------------

  jane.spencer.vcf
< 1K Download

Shared Library file called Glide.......

Post by Jane Spence » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 01:37:34

Hi,

Got rid of this message by deleting the glide_drv.o file.  Now when I run
XFree86 -configure it just goes back to the command prompt and says it
detected my mouse.  Shouldn't it carry on and do something else like setup
my display ????

I try and test the server by running XFree86 -sf86config
/root/XF86Config.new, but it just brings up a screen with wavy lines on it
and an X.  I don't have the option to do anything... ????

Jane

--

Regards,

Jane Spencer
Development Services (UK)

-----------------------------

Tel:- (0118) 9245157
Mob :- 0778 5502557
Fax :- (0118) 9240509

-----------------------------

  jane.spencer.vcf
< 1K Download

1. Will strip(debug shared library) == nodebug shared library ?

compiling the C++ code without debug option to produce object
files(.o) and then producing the shared library with them. Say, the
size of this library is SIZE_SO_NoD.

compiling the C++ code with debug option to produce object files(.o)
and then producing the shared library with them. Then, do 'strip
library_name'. Say, the size of this library is SIZE_SO_D.

Will SIZE_SO_NoD & SIZE_SO_D be exactly/almost equal ? If yes/no, why?
Also, what exactly 'mcs -d library_name' do? Does it reduce symbols
from the shared library which was produced without debug option also?

2. finding Linux help

3. Help with building shared libraries with dependencies on other shared libraries

4. How to install JDK over old version?

5. Question: Inclusion of shared libraries during linking of shared libraries

6. ENOSR returned on accept() - how do I handle it?

7. Shared library loading shared library.

8. Good Alpha Linux system

9. Need a Shared Library Guru: beyond simple shared library question

10. When is a shared library not a shared library?

11. 3dfx glide support via linux glide port(s)

12. How to call same function in many shared libraries?

13. Profiling a shared library called by vendor code