Whose PPP/PAP is the best?

Post by Richard P. Mulle » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I'm planning on installing some version of Linux on a Pentium computer.
I'm most concerned about getting PPP/PAP running easily, especially
after reading the problems that people have reported on this group.

My question is, whose PPP/PAP is easist to install? I'm trying to chose
between:

Redhat
Slackware
Caldera
Debian
???

Who has the best PPP? Opinions? I've heard lots of good things about
Redhat, so I'm probably leaning that way.

Rick
--

Department of Chemistry, SGM 418  http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~rmuller
University of Southern California             Office 213-740-7671

1. PPP setup. Whose recipe is best?

Hi,

Please shed some light in my gloom...

I have a couple of customers and need to connect from my machine to
theirs (one at a time) with PPP. It would also be nice if their machines
could call mine and tell me if anything were going wrong, but that would
be icing on the cake.

I'm running Solaris2.6 on an E450.

I've looked around and there seem to be loads of recipes for setting up
PPP, all slightly different, and to a newbie the subtle distinctions are
lost on me..

Advice please. Whose recipe is best?

Many thanks in anticipation,
Andy.

2. Need help partitioning with FIPS.

3. P.P.P. (aka Ppp w/Pap Problems :)

4. Mounting a Sun SCSI 1/4" tape drive

5. PPP Server; Autosense PPP/PAP != /bin/login

6. Printing Gibberish

7. PAP with Dip or PPD. Which is best?

8. How to do i.e. 'sort <file >file'?

9. Best Unix for SLIP/PPP Server- Best Reliability/Cost?

10. PPPD w/ PAP not working, works fine w/o PAP

11. PPP (PAP) Connection Fails

12. PPP problems with PAP

13. PPP PAP connect fails after giving IP addresses