What is floppy boot error 0x10?

Post by Glenn Toe » Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I am in the process of installing a newer version of Linux (Slackware
release 2.2, kernal release 1.2.5 I think) and made a new bare boot
disk. When I try to boot I get error 0x10 while it is loading
ramdisk. I am going to try creating another boot floppy on another new
diskette tonight but I am not convinced that the boot disk itself is
the problem. What is error 0x10?

Thanks.
--
Glenn Toews in Beautiful Friendly Fridley, Minnesota

1. Original boot floppy: error 0x10

I just got the 1.2 meg "bare" file for Slackware 2.2.0.  I used
rawrite to build a 5 1/4 inch floppy boot disk.  After I get the boot:
prompt, I press enter, and after accessing the diskette a moment, it
comes back and says: Error 0x10, then prompts me with: Boot: ramdisk.

I get the same error with the other two images on the disk.  One is
mount, (the command I tried is: mount root=/dev/fd0).

I'm running on a 386 with 8 meg.  I got the boot image file as well as
the gzip and rawrite utilities from tsx-11.mit.edu.

--Milton--

2. sending mail from within script

3. Error 0x10 on Slackware Floppy boot?? Help

4. variables in chat

5. Smoothwall 1.0 Error on floppy Install (Error 0x10)

6. COM2 no longer talking

7. Error 0x10 booting from Linux boot disk

8. remote login as root without a shell

9. boot error 0x10 (where can I find error code descriptions?)

10. Install boot disk error 0x10

11. error 0x10 at boot: in slackware

12. Error 0x10 from Linux boot disk

13. Linux Newbie Q-LILO boot from FDD states "Error 0x10"-HELP!