A Win95 Emulator In Linux?

Post by 1stFlight » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

  Any such beast out there? Or is it possible to have a WIn95/98
install..boot Linux then run Windows in a Xterm window (Sounds nuts
doesn't it?)  Thanks!

Darryl

--
"Though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and
heaven, that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts

Tennyson's "Ulysses"

A Win95 Emulator In Linux?

www.winehq.com

--
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/1628
ICQ #3795561

A Win95 Emulator In Linux?

Post by Richard S. Lumpki » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>   Any such beast out there? Or is it possible to have a WIn95/98
> install..boot Linux then run Windows in a Xterm window (Sounds nuts
> doesn't it?)  Thanks!

AFAIK the closest thing is WINE, although other emulators may be
available.
Richard S. Lumpkin, Ph.D.                            Associate Professor
Department of Chemistry                                     256-890-6365
University of Alabama in Huntsville                     fax 256-890-6349
Huntsville, AL 35899                          http://chromophore.uah.edu

1. bochs 386 emulator running win95 under linux?

Has anyone had any luck running bochs under linux to run windows95B?

I have tried installing A and B versions of win95 I follow all the rules
and when I get to the point where is starts anylizing the system it
usually gets to about 30% and gives me...

SUWIN caused a General Protection Fault
in Module SYSDETMG.DLL blah blah blah...

--
Jason Straight      http://linux.inter-span.net/

ICQ 1796276

2. new installation gives techno-puke - please help!!!

3. samba: win95->linux works, linux->win95 doesnt

4. Install hangs in init

5. Need UNIX terminal emulator for Win95

6. Problem when compiling CVS version of X

7. looking for x-win emulator for win95 OS

8. linux for 3300 or 5300

9. Best Term-emulator for win95 ?

10. Have you heard about any new Win95,Win3.1,WinNt emulator?

11. Lookin for a Win95 emulator

12. Wabi (win95 emulator) and StarOffice