Linux Problems Problems Problems ... DNS, HD, X Windows

Linux Problems Problems Problems ... DNS, HD, X Windows

Post by Vaio » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

1. DNS: Has anybody put the named daemon to work ?
I am trying for days now to setup aliases like ftp.my.com &
www.my.com but the most I managed so far is to get my query back for
the local machines nut not from external hosts...
I've checked th named.* files about a thousand times now....

2. My new 850 MB Conner HD is not recognised as a DOS partition though
LInux fdisk can see it. Can anybody tell me how to use this drive  ??

3. A tip how to get x applications from remote X servers ????
When I rlogin to my Linux host I cannot get an xterm out....

I would be so happy if you could help me on any of the above !

Vaios

Post by Martin Gies » Fri, 17 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>>3. A tip how to get x applications from remote X servers ????
>>When I rlogin to my Linux host I cannot get an xterm out....

Have you set your DISPLAY entry pointing to the host your sitting in front of?
Is the client allowed to connect to your localhost? Perhaps you must do
a "xhost +".

 Martin Giess         tel 09131-27165  tel 09621-87592  fax 09131-22265

                         WWW: http://www.linguistik.uni-erlangen.de/~marty

1. Problems Problems Problems.... DNS, HD, X

1. DNS: Has anybody put the named server to work ?
I am trying for days now to setup aliases like ftp.my.com &
www.my.com but the most I managed so far is to get my query back for
the local machines nut not from external hosts...

2. My new 850 MB Conner HD is not recognised as a DOS partition though
LInux fdisk can see it. Can anybody tell me how to use this drive  ??

3. A tip how to get x applications from remote X servers ????
When I rlogin to my Linux host I cannot get an xterm out....

I would be so happy if you could help me on any of the above !

Vaios

2. xvid-tune with remote display?

3. Linux/Windows Networking Problem - DNS

4. X-Server

5. DNS Problems on RedHat 8.0: Linux client, Windows DHCP server

6. linuxconf problem

7. Linux/windows 95 internet connection sharing DNS problem

8. AutoReply

9. PROBLEM: LILO & Transfer of Linux System from old HD to new HD.

10. Networking problem in Linux, but no problem in Windows on same hardware

11. Strange problem: no problem with Linux, when I boot windows 2K network is down...

12. newbie - problems mounting Windows HD

13. problems, problems, 37.5 GB, problems, 1024, problems...