Error "Install bootloader" RH 5.0 & 6.0

Post by Mike Shoemake » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Anyone know why I could not install LILO onto the First sector of boot
partition on my Tecra 780 during initial install?  I have never seen this
error before and have had Linux on my laptop before.  I have tried to delete
all partitions and start over and I still get this error.  I made a bootdisk
so I can boot up my machine, but I would prefer not to boot from floppy.

Mike

1. Red Hat 6.0 install errors: "Install bootloader"

        After multiple attempts on multiple systems trying to install
RH 60 I'm FRUSTRATED!!! :-( Tried 2 different CD burns as well as on 2
seperate systems with same results so I assume it's something I'm
missing here?

 All goes fine untill I get to where it attempts to install boot
options then I get the following error:

=======

An error occured during step "Install bootloader" of the  install.

You may retry that step, return to the previous step in the
install, or see a menu of installation steps,,,,

=======

 I tried to go ahead & also get error when trying to creat a boot
floppy. Can anyone lend a hand here?

 Oh, one of the 2 systems installed Mandrake 5.3 just fine right after
this.

2. HELP!! RH 6.0 Install whoes

3. RH 5.0 Install Prob: "Can't Load libXext.6.0"

4. Formating error log using mod_vhost_alias

5. RH 6.0 Hard Drive install "symlink" error message

6. Open Windows

7. profit: none, one, many

8. "Host name lookup failure" error RH 5.0 to RH 5.2

10. RH4.0, Error in "Install Bootloader" : Please Help!

11. Error during "Install Bootloader" process of installation

12. An error occured during step "Install bootloader"