Getting a Linksys PCI ethernet card to work

Getting a Linksys PCI ethernet card to work

Post by David Rugg » Mon, 15 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have just purchased and installed a Linksys 10/100 Ethernet PCI card, but I
can't get it to work under RedHat 5.2. I run netcfg and it cannot identify the
card.

Here's my configuration details:

RedHat Linux 5.2
Kernel 2.2.1, compiled with all PCI ethernet cards as modules

Here's what the command lspci returns for the network card:

00:0c.0 Ethernet controller: Lite-On Communications Inc LNE100TX (rev 20)

What do I need to do to get my card working?

Thanks.

Getting a Linksys PCI ethernet card to work

Post by Arnie Elki » Mon, 15 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I have just purchased and installed a Linksys 10/100 Ethernet PCI card, but I
> can't get it to work under RedHat 5.2. I run netcfg and it cannot identify the
> card.

> Here's my configuration details:

> RedHat Linux 5.2
> Kernel 2.2.1, compiled with all PCI ethernet cards as modules

> Here's what the command lspci returns for the network card:

> 00:0c.0 Ethernet controller: Lite-On Communications Inc LNE100TX (rev 20)

> What do I need to do to get my card working?

> Thanks.

When I installed Redhat 5.2, I told it that my network card(Linksys
EtherFast 10/100 PCI) was a DEC 'tulip' card, and it worked fine.  I just
checked, and Linksys says the tulip driver works with all the versions of
the EtherFast 10/100 card, and they even have drivers in case your
version of Linux does not have the right one to support these cards.  Of
course, since you have Redhat 5.2, you should already have the correct
driver.  Check www.linksys.com for more info.
--
Arnie Elkins

(Email address anti-spam encoded.
Remove 'nospam.' to reply via email.)

1. Problems getting Linksys wireless card w/PCI adapter to work

FreeBSD 4.4-Stable running on an i386 model cpu.
This isn't a laptop.  The card appears as a regular PCI device listed
by the bios when I boot.  Trying to configure pccard support just kept
failing which I suppose it right, so I removed all the pccard stuff.
I put if_wi_load="YES" in the loader.conf and rebuilt the kernel,
rebooted (BnB - Build'n'Boot).  I can tell from dmesg that if_wi.ko is
getting loaded during the boot:
Preloaded elf module "if_wu.ko" at ...
can't re-use a leaf (wi_cache_mcastonly)
can't re-use a leaf (wi_cache_iponly)
:
pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x16ab, dev=0x1102) at 10.0 irq 11
:

So what's next?   Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any help with this.  I'm tearing my hair out here.  I'm not
very familiar with FreeBSD.

2. Unable to untar .tar files.

3. getting second linksys ethernet card to work

4. X won't start at all:

5. Getting a Dayna PCI Ethernet Card to work?

6. "zero dtime" message

7. Getting NDC 10/100 PCI ethernet card to work

8. Changing Klipper behaviour

9. Getting two PCI ethernet cards working on the same machine.

10. need help getting a pci ethernet card to work on 2.2.5

11. Problem getting linksys WMP11 wireless pci card to talk to d-link router

12. Need help getting Linksys Wireless Ethernet to work with RedHat 7.1

13. getting Ethernet to work (Linksys)