X loads, mouse works..but just a black& white screen

X loads, mouse works..but just a black& white screen

Post by Evgueni Tzvetano » Wed, 10 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Try startx command. Not only X!!!

> hey, i finally got X to "work"...sort of.  it sort of loads, and the
> mouse cursor moves around (it's an 'x'), but the screen is still in
> the black and white mode, as if it's waiting to load something...
> i can't load menus or anything..all I see is black and white polkadots
> and a mouse cursor.  any ideas??

1. X loads, mouse works..but just a black& white screen

hey, i finally got X to "work"...sort of.  it sort of loads, and the
mouse cursor moves around (it's an 'x'), but the screen is still in
the black and white mode, as if it's waiting to load something...
i can't load menus or anything..all I see is black and white polkadots
and a mouse cursor.  any ideas??

2. zwrite for linux

3. Soln: Mouse pointer lacks white border (black pointer on black background)

4. named BIG problem

5. Console-Screen-Blanking: black chars on white screen

6. newbie: Configuring sb16/ALSA 0.4.0

7. Black screen w/ a working mouse....

8. Very Strange, any ideas?

9. STB Velocity 3D Black Screen & Mouse Pointer

10. Sol9: CDE: how to flip dtterm to white on black, yellow on black, ...?

11. Black Screen, White Square, Help!

12. Screen blanker (Black iso White)

13. emacs-X11 20.5 loading only in Black and White