How to set from/return-path in Sendmail headers?

How to set from/return-path in Sendmail headers?

Post by just » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

or reply and remove the "NOSPAM"

Hi,

How/where do I set the sendmail configuration so that
all of my email that goes out has a specific domain address?

It seems that if I send email on my localhost, the From

But any mail that I relay through domain relayhost.com,

I need to have all my email set to mydomain.com to prevent
mail from having problems.

I can't figure out where/how to do it in the /etc/sendmail.c*

Any and all suggestions GREATLY APPRECIATED!

THanks!!!!
Howard

Post by Mohd H Misn » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>or reply and remove the "NOSPAM"

>Hi,

>How/where do I set the sendmail configuration so that
>all of my email that goes out has a specific domain address?

>It seems that if I send email on my localhost, the From

>But any mail that I relay through domain relayhost.com,

>I need to have all my email set to mydomain.com to prevent
>mail from having problems.

>I can't figure out where/how to do it in the /etc/sendmail.c*

>Any and all suggestions GREATLY APPRECIATED!

The feature that you wanted is called "Masquerading". If you're working from .mc
file, you can try putting the following into your .mc (and using m4 to produce
.cf file):

FEATURE(masquerade_envlope)dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(relayhost.com)dnl

or in .cf file.. modify this line..

# who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
DMrelayhost.com

Ughh.. may be working with .mc file is easier since I think lots of masquerading
rules inside my sendmail.cf file.

Rgds,
Hamid

--

|iMac/233 RevB+MacOS 8.6 |http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/3319/      |M|
|Mitac 5033/AMD K6-2/300 |We want to take over the world, but we don't have |a|

1. HELP!!: Sendmail Cannot change Return-Path in Header

I would like to change my the return path in the mail header
from my PC to my host machine.

In the header section of /etc/sendmail.cf
I replaced the line

H?P?Return-Path: $g

with

but when I send remote mail

I get the my default domain name as the return address.

Is there any way to force that change.

Why Sendmail has to be very difficult?

-Thanks
Oz Dror

--
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
NAME   Oz Dror, Los Angeles, California

PHONE  Fax (213) 874-7965

2. Any Threads packages in Linux ?

3. Incorrect Return-Path: in header

4. Will migration to ZFS be easy?

5. Sendmail Return-Path problem

6. Hercules Graphite 210 and Linux

7. Dynamic IP, sendmail, and Return-Path

8. Anchordesk vote needed

9. forcing sendmail not to use login account in return-path?

10. Setting the Return-Path email field

11. sendmail: no return path!?

12. set path = "$path" hoses path in tcsh -- why???

13. Setting your return path using mh/Xmh ???