HELP - - - Secondary IDE jumper settings

HELP - - - Secondary IDE jumper settings

Post by Wilson Fletche » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have an IDE controller (multi io) card I want to use as a secondary
controller.

I need to set it's IRQ to 15 and Port address to 170h - 177h

The problem is I don't know what the jumper settings are. Can anyone help ?

The card has UMC controller chips on it, it has parallel, serial, game,
FDD, and HDD connections.

The jumpers that it has are:

        j1        ..
        j2        ..
        jp1      xx.
        jp2      xx.
        jp3      xx.
        jp4      xx.
        jp5      xx.
        jp6      xx.
        jp7      xx.
        jp8      xx.
        jp9      xx.
        jp10     xx.

NB xx indicates current jumpers and "." represents and empty pin.

If anyone can help that would be fantastic

thanks

Wilson

1. IDE Hard Drive jumper settings for RAID

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a IDE RAID array on a soon-to-be Linux
machine.

I have a IDE controller combined with the mother board that can support up to 7
IDE devices.

I plan on using 5 various sized hard drive from different manufactures. (I
don't think there will be a problem with this)

My questions is:  How should I set the jumper settings?  All master or all
slaves?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers,

Chad

2. HELP!! need information about terminal ...

3. Kentech vlb ide KJD-IDEIOVLB jumper setting?

4. sbpcd question

5. Cannot Read From/Recognize IDE CD-Rom for Setup; Jumper Settings?

6. Considering a Transition from Windows to Linux

7. jumper settings for ide card

8. sizeof (struct proc) == 256. Why?

9. Secondary Gateway for Secondary Network Card using Secondary IP's

10. Ansel NC2000 NIC jumper setting...help

11. Help: Gateway G/Ethernet AT card: jumper/switch Settings

12. IDE drives on the secondary IDE bus