Trouble with /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit root mount

Trouble with /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit root mount

Post by leif_lundg.. » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I am having problem with booting my system, linux-2.0.36.

My /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit checks that the disks are ok, with fsck.
After that the root, /, is remounted in read-write mode. That is where is
trouble starts.

The PATH at that points includes /bin where mount resides.

The errormessages that are displayed are, depending on how I try
to call mount:

mount -> command not found
/bin/mount -> No such file or directory

ls -F /bin/mount at the point yields /bin/mount* so it ought to be
executable.

If I sulogin at that point I can manually remount / and contiune startup.

Can anyone easy spot my mistake?

Regards
  /Leif

--
+-------------------------------------+---------------------------------+
| Leif Lundgren                       | "With a nice ironbar you can    |

1. difference between /etc/rc.sysinit and /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit ?

What is the difference between /etc/rc.sysinit and /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit?
I am using Redhat 8. I did a diff on them and they are identical.
/etc/rc.sysinit is apparently a copy of /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit since it
says that it is that file, even though it's not (see below).

#!/bin/bash
#
# /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit - run once at boot time

I want to change something in whichever of these scripts is run at
bootup, but I don't know which one gets run.

Thanks,
Russell

2. Any Raid Contoller Support?

3. which user does /etc/rc.d/rc.local / rc.sysinit run as?

4. Problems in mounting my 850Mbytes HD (Western Digital AC2850F)

5. /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: /etc/sysconfig/keyboard: No such file or directory

6. Solaris 8 for free?

7. RH7.3: LVM & /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

8. whois command

9. call to ldconfig in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit question

10. /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq: No such file or directory

11. rc.local and rc.sysinit don't execute mount

12. /etc/rc: sendmail parms don't match /etc/rc.conf

13. SOLVED - Raid rc.0, rc.6 rc.S