Installation problems with RED hat linux 7.1 and 7.2

Installation problems with RED hat linux 7.1 and 7.2

Post by nixa » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:11:32

My config is P2-350 MHz,96 mb(32+64) ram, sis 6326 vcard,20+4.3gb
hdd..While installing rhl 7.1 OR 7.2 from the cd the install process
is getting terminated at arbitly...Sometimes the installation is
aborted during when anaconda is run and sometimes it is aborted when
packages are being copied on to the hdd...the cd's work fine with
other machines...at arbit points the message comes "sending kill
signals..u can reboot"...can anybody pleez help me...
nixav

Installation problems with RED hat linux 7.1 and 7.2

Post by Edward C. Baile » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 08:10:23

nixav> My config is P2-350 MHz,96 mb(32+64) ram, sis 6326 vcard,20+4.3gb
nixav> hdd..While installing rhl 7.1 OR 7.2 from the cd the install process
nixav> is getting terminated at arbitly...Sometimes the installation is
nixav> aborted during when anaconda is run and sometimes it is aborted when
nixav> packages are being copied on to the hdd...the cd's work fine with
nixav> other machines...at arbit points the message comes "sending kill
nixav> signals..u can reboot"...can anybody pleez help me...  nixav

When you boot the installer, enter

                              linux ide=nodma

And see if that helps.  If it does, make sure you add the ide=nodma part to
your default kernel...

                                Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/

Installation problems with RED hat linux 7.1 and 7.2

Post by Sean McHenr » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:33:07

I have known bad "burned" copies of OSes to do that.  Sometimes the CDRs
are the "wrong color" for a particular drive.  Just last night I was
installing RH 7.2 and had that trouble.  Chose a new blank of a different
color dye and here I am tonight writing this from rh7.2 running
Enlightenment.

Sean

Post by nixa » Sat, 29 Dec 2001 13:53:34

> I have known bad "burned" copies of OSes to do that.  Sometimes the CDRs
> are the "wrong color" for a particular drive.  Just last night I was
> installing RH 7.2 and had that trouble.  Chose a new blank of a different
> color dye and here I am tonight writing this from rh7.2 running
> Enlightenment.

> Sean

> > nixav> My config is P2-350 MHz,96 mb(32+64) ram, sis 6326 vcard,20+4.3gb
> > nixav> hdd..While installing rhl 7.1 OR 7.2 from the cd the install
> > process nixav> is getting terminated at arbitly...Sometimes the
> > installation is nixav> aborted during when anaconda is run and sometimes
> > it is aborted when nixav> packages are being copied on to the hdd...the
> > cd's work fine with nixav> other machines...at arbit points the message
> > comes "sending kill nixav> signals..u can reboot"...can anybody pleez
> > help me...  nixav

> > When you boot the installer, enter

> >                               linux ide=nodma

> > And see if that helps.  If it does, make sure you add the ide=nodma part
> > to your default kernel...

> >                                 Ed

hi...
   i tried installing from other cds as well but still the problems recur.....
pleez help..
nixav

Post by frank pietruszewsk » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 09:14:49

> nixav> My config is P2-350 MHz,96 mb(32+64) ram, sis 6326 vcard,20+4.3gb
> nixav> hdd..While installing rhl 7.1 OR 7.2 from the cd the install process
> nixav> is getting terminated at arbitly...Sometimes the installation is
> nixav> aborted during when anaconda is run and sometimes it is aborted when
> nixav> packages are being copied on to the hdd...the cd's work fine with
> nixav> other machines...at arbit points the message comes "sending kill
> nixav> signals..u can reboot"...can anybody pleez help me...  nixav

> When you boot the installer, enter

>                               linux ide=nodma

> And see if that helps.  If it does, make sure you add the ide=nodma part to
> your default kernel...

>                                 Ed
> --
> Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/

At install if you don't move the mouse pointer the screen goes to a screen
saver - which
if you leave in this condiction for a long time - will abort the install.

Luck

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. Which SCSI board for a PS/2 70?

3. Telnet configuration in Red Hat Linux 7.1/7.2

4. Disk Throughput

5. Red Hat 7.1 and 7.2 Beta 2 Install

6. Make config problems

7. Problems with installation of Linksys EtherFast 10/100 PCMCIA card on Red Hat Linux 7.2

8. DHCP & Kernel 2.4.3

9. Red Hat 7.2 installation fails to recognize the keyboard during installation

10. Samba - Red Hat sees Win2k but Win2k cannot see Red Hat 7.2

11. Red Hat 7.1 Installation problems

12. Red Hat 7.2: modem installation problem

13. Red Hat Linux 7.2 installation failed