Setting up Linux 1st Time

Post by Tony » Fri, 15 Sep 1995 04:00:00

        I am trying to set up a Slackware 2.2.0 version of Linux.  I
have two hard drives, the master w/ Win 95 on it, and I have tried several times
to put Linux on the second drive.
        However, although during the boot, Linux searches for my Sony
CDU- 33a CD ROM it never finds it.  My install software is off of a CD.
Also, even though the native Linux partition and the swap partition are successfully
set up before I log off, each time I reboot, suddenly the logical cylinders for the
partitions do not match the physical and the partitions are no longer valid.
I am really very anxious to see the system work, any advice would really be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony Garrido