thinkpad a30 boot on disk2 fails

Post by MujeebRC » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:40:37

Hi all,

I have a thinkpad a30 with the following specs:
P3/1G;128MEG RAM,CD-RW/DVD,2 internal harddrives.
The 2nd harddrive is off an ultrabay , so is the cd-rw.
I am installing linux on 2nd drive as follows:
1st drive : hda : 30gig
2nd drive: hdb :15gig.
/ partition size 1500megs.
I am trying to install to the second harddrive:hdb.
The install goes fine , bootloader apparently gets installed to /dev/hdb1.
I only have 2 partitions on the 2nd harddrive.: / and swap.
/ is bootable via fdisk.

However no matter I use lilo or grub ..the machine gets hung at lilo or
grub.
At installation everything gets recognized , the cd as well as the drive.
Have tried several times with no luck.

Thanks

Mike

1. Install RH7.1 on disk2, NT4 on disk1, boot only from floppy on disk2 (linux)

I would like to achieve the following:
1. I have two hard drives (EIDE): C and D
2. On C I have WinNT4SP6a
3. On D I want to put RH 7.1
4. I want my PC to boot automatically on NT (no lilo, nothing;
basically I do not want drive C to be "touched")
5. Iff I wish, then using a floppy I will boot onto D and Linux
6. Linux and NT will share nothing

Is this possible and how? I was thinking of disconnecting C: while
installing
on D: and then following FAQ to boot from floppy on hard disk.

Kind regards,
Petros
---
Petros Dafniotis, PhD

2. disksuit newbie question

3. SOLVED: Thinkpad A30 Suspend Hibernate dual-boot APM Problems

4. libso.1 etc... causing irc to not run

5. Linux dual boot, IBM Thinkpad A30 2nd hard disk

6. Newbie...Need XF86Config Help

7. redhat 7.2 on thinkpad a30 wont boot

8. Cant run mandrake programs

9. redhat 7.2 on thinkpad a30 boot problem

10. Linux on ThinkPad A30

11. Sound Driver For Thinkpad A30 w/RedHat 7.1

12. Netgear MA401 on Thinkpad A30 with Redhat 8.0