Having trouble publicly mounting a zip.

Post by DR TE$TH & THE ELECTRIC MAYH » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the zipdrive on a redhat 2.0.34 to mount in
such a way as to be publicly readable _and_ writable.  I have
/dev/hdd4               /mnt/zip                msdos   user            0 0
in the mnttab.  I am able, as a generic user, to mount and unmount the file
system, as well as access it through smbd (read and write,) but I can't seem to
get it to mount so that a local user has access to it.

Any ideas?

--
"A computer scientist is a mechanism for turning coffee into applications." -?
"Duct tape is like the Force - it has a light side and a dark side and it holds

1. Having problems mounting atapi zip

Hello,

        The problem that I have is trying to mount a MSDOS zip under 2.2.7.  I
can mount one that I have a UFS on with no problem.  However, when I try
to mount this MSDOS cartridge I get an error message about having a bad
superblock.  I can take this same MSDOS cartridge and read and write to
it in another computer that has an identical ATAPI zip drive.  What
should I do to mount this drive?  Thanks

Michael

2. Time zone problem - local vs UTC

3. Having trouble mounting remote drives

4. more pkzip

5. Redhat installation having trouble mounting devices

6. Sun Workshop Compilers 4.2/6.0

7. Having trouble mounting the CDROM.

8. How make my moedem to function (Red Hat 7.2)

9. Having trouble mounting msdos partition

10. modem trouble and mounting a zip drive

11. Trouble mounting internal IDE Zip disk

12. Newbie question -- trouble mounting SCSI zip disks