Segmentation fault???

Post by Clive Mos » Tue, 23 Dec 1997 04:00:00

When I try to install slackware 3.4 I always get a "Segmentation fault"
while running setup.  It usually happens after I've selected the first
install option (TARGET), then I
can't do anything else.  The furthest i've ever got was to installing
half the A disks.

Any help would be much appreciated,
thanks in advance,
clive moss

Segmentation fault???

Post by Erik Hense » Thu, 25 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>When I try to install slackware 3.4 I always get a "Segmentation fault"
>while running setup.  It usually happens after I've selected the first
>install option (TARGET), then I
>can't do anything else.  The furthest i've ever got was to installing
>half the A disks.

That's very weird. The only time a Linux setup crashed on me was
because of defective RAM and/or cache. Try to disable the secondary
cache, and see if the setup works correctly now. If it does, your
cache is most probably broken. If it doesn't, it meight be your RAM.
Try to test it with some other OS you've already installed (if you've
got none, then it's defenetely broken).

---
Erik Hensema
Please note: my email address has been changed from
hensema (at) worldaccess.nl to hensema (at) wxs.nl

1. Compiling *** VIM 5.3 *** Segmentation Fault..what is Seg-Fault..MEM Bounds?

Compiled fine........upgraded from 4.6  REdhat 5.0

got the src and rt of the autors VIM site via ftp.vim.org

changed the first requested by auther line in ".vimrc" file to not
read "version 4.00" and it worked once.....Gee

Now I am using it on everything ...DOS Win95 even NT40 !!!!

I know go back to the early version but still.....
what or why ...

"Segmentation Fault...Core dump"
thanks in advance.....Matt

2. What "commercial" web server software runs under Linux & Solaris x86?

3. Page Faults/Segmentation Faults??

4. 3c509B Combo not detected

5. "Segmentation fault( core dumped ) "<--- sentence is driving me mad!!!!!

6. Ms-windows

7. segmentation fault ?

8. RedHat 7.0 ld.so missing ??

9. Get "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" but no core file found

10. Segmentation Faults and Bus Errors

11. Dosemu0.52 : Segmentation fault?

12. Segmentation fault

13. Segmentation fault on RH Linux 5.1