Red Hat RPM Upgrade from 2.0 to 2.7

Post by Myles Bogne » Mon, 28 Oct 1996 03:00:00

I am currently running RedHat 3.0.3.  The RPM version is 2.0.
I want to upgrade my RPM version to 2.7 without upgrading my entire Red
Hat distribution if possible.  What is the best way to do this?
        I tried simply pulling rpm version 2.7.  When I run rpm on
the new version, however, I get a message stating my rpm works only on
rpm files <= 2.

                                        Myles Bogner

Post by Jon Pi » Sat, 02 Nov 1996 04:00:00

: I am currently running RedHat 3.0.3.  The RPM version is 2.0.
: I want to upgrade my RPM version to 2.7 without upgrading my entire Red
: Hat distribution if possible.  What is the best way to do this?
:       I tried simply pulling rpm version 2.7.  When I run rpm on
: the new version, however, I get a message stating my rpm works only on
: rpm files <= 2.
:       Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

        Ahhh...  took me awhile to get this one figured out..  the doc on
the Redhat site is well hidden...  One needs to upgrade to (uh, its late)
2.1.? (2, 3??) first,  from your orig 2.0.  Then you can upgrade to 2.2.7.

        One thing,  there is a message about "you WILL see dependancy
errors.." and something to the effect that if you don't know what it
means, dont upgrade..
I have yet to find more about what exactly this means, and how to fix it
(or just ignore it?).  Any other info out there?

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. kernel compile - initrd??

3. Upgrading to Linux Kernel 2.0 (Red Hat distribution)

4. Kernel uncorrectly forces cruft option when some options of mkisofs are used

5. Difficulty upgrading Red Hat 3.0.3 to kernel 2.0

6. setuid perl scripts

7. Red hat 5.2 [upgrading] Unable to open /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc for reading

8. login processes

9. Any RPM OS checking when install or upgrade package on Red Hat linux?

10. Red Hat: Keeping Old Sources when Upgrading w/ RPM?

11. Red Hat (rpm) kernel upgrades?

12. Problem logging in after upgradation from red hat 8 to red hat 9

13. migrating from red hat 8.0 to red hat 9.0