How to get Mandrake 9.1 to work with HP 5470c scanner?!?

How to get Mandrake 9.1 to work with HP 5470c scanner?!?

Post by Steffen Rüte » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:31:36

Hi,

being an absolute newbie I managed to install Mandrake Linux 9.1 today,
although I had sworn beforehand never to try it again (two tries with Suse
Linux 6 and 7 resulted in destruction of all data on my machine)...
I was surprised how well it went, and that the setup routine recognized
virtually all the hardware I built into my machine.

BUT: it recognizes my HP Scanjet 5470C scanner, and refuses to work with it
(says: scanner not supported by this version of mandrake linux).

Any ideas how I can get it to work? It would be the perfect finale for my
first hands-on experience with linux, having started installation about one
hour ago and now I'm connected to the net and asking stupid questions...

TIA

Steffen
--
"Amerika, that is evolution from Barbary to Decadence without any detour via
Culture..."

Post by Peter T. Breue » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 05:49:32

> Hi,

Hiya!

Quote:> being an absolute newbie I managed to install Mandrake Linux 9.1 today,
> although I had sworn beforehand never to try it again (two tries with Suse
> Linux 6 and 7 resulted in destruction of all data on my machine)...
> I was surprised how well it went, and that the setup routine recognized
> virtually all the hardware I built into my machine.
> BUT: it recognizes my HP Scanjet 5470C scanner, and refuses to work with it
> (says: scanner not supported by this version of mandrake linux).
> Any ideas how I can get it to work? It would be the perfect finale for my

You can't. It's not supported by your version of mandrake linux.

However, you might try googling to see if it has a well-known driver.
If, for example, it were a scsi device, then it would work of the
generic scsi driver. If it is some sort of special thing, for example,
a usb device, then you'd expect it to be weirdo and proprietary, and to
go to linux-usb pages to see what they know about it, if anything.

Peter

1. Mandrake Control Center in Mandrake 9.1 not working

When i try to execute Mandrake Control Center in Mandrake 9.1 (I updated it
just few days ago from Mandrake 9.0), I get this error message:

drakconf.real:12591 WARNING : No builtin or dinamically loaded modules were
found - Pango will correct it. This problem was an error in the creation of
: '/etc/pango/pango.modules' FATAL: error loading image: couldn't recognize
the image file format for file
'/usr/share/mcc/themes/default/mcc_title_icon.png' at
'/usr/lib/libDrak/ugtk2.pm line 529

Could someone help me?

Francesco
-------------

Teaching OnLine

Corsi online di Informatica

VBA for Access, Visual Basic, Delphi, C/C++
PHP, ASP, JavaScript, SQL, Kylix, Fortran
MySQL, Linux, Apache, ECDL

http://www.teachingonline.it/index.asp

Bruce Eckel's Free Electronic Books
http://www.teachingonline.it/Bruceeckelbooks/

2. Problem with Netscape 6.2 on Debian Potato

3. Not a valid block device???

4. test

5. SOLUTION: got adsl-start, dsl working with Mandrake 9.1

6. Sony CPD-1425 monitor specs?

7. No USB peripherials works with Mandrake 9.1

8. Opera 7.x Beta DOES NOT WORK WITH MANDRAKE 9.1

9. Zaurus 5500 on Mandrake 9.1 linux not working

10. rbash not working Mandrake 9.1

11. Slackware 9.1 - getting HPPSC1210 to work