Install LILO on iWill DMA66 Controller + SuSE 6.2

Install LILO on iWill DMA66 Controller + SuSE 6.2

Post by Chris O » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,
        I have a iWill HPT366 DMA/66 controller card. After the file
installation of SuSE complete. During the LILO setup session, i caught
with an error message that it says /dev/hdc is not first boot device.

Heres my system Config
Celeron 400 o.c. 450
128MB RAM
Gigabyte Intel BX Chipset (6BXC)
SB AWE64 SoundCard
iWill HPT366 DMA/66 controller card.
Savage4 AGP

setup kernel parameter
linux ide1=0xd400,0xd600 ide2=0xe000,0xe200

IDE Devices
hda1=cdrom
hdc=Quantum Fireball CX6.4GB
hdd=Quantum Fireball lct 5.1GB
hde=Seagate ST32122A 2.1 GB

Can anybody provide some suggestion ?

Install LILO on iWill DMA66 Controller + SuSE 6.2

Post by John » Tue, 05 Sep 2000 05:24:37

Well, first of all, your cdrom should not be the master of your hard drive,
unless you did that for a good reason, change it. Second, you must disable
the UDMA66 option during install, there is only one distribution that can
handle it during setup and as far as I know it is not Suse (It's the
distrbution of Asus tech), so do your install in DMA33 mode, then download a
patch, and re-set the UDMA66 option.

Hope this helps.
If it turns out that Suse 6.4 supports UDMA66 during install, please feed
back on me.

John

Quote:> Hi,
> I have a iWill HPT366 DMA/66 controller card. After the file
> installation of SuSE complete. During the LILO setup session, i caught
> with an error message that it says /dev/hdc is not first boot device.

> Heres my system Config
> Celeron 400 o.c. 450
> 128MB RAM
> Gigabyte Intel BX Chipset (6BXC)
> SB AWE64 SoundCard
> iWill HPT366 DMA/66 controller card.
> Savage4 AGP

> setup kernel parameter
> linux ide1=0xd400,0xd600 ide2=0xe000,0xe200

> IDE Devices
> hda1=cdrom
> hdc=Quantum Fireball CX6.4GB
> hdd=Quantum Fireball lct 5.1GB
> hde=Seagate ST32122A 2.1 GB

> Can anybody provide some suggestion ?

1. IWILL SCSI under suse 6.2

I have an IWILL 2930c scsi adapter (advansys chipset I think) with a yamaha
6416 cdrw attached. Sue 6.2 (2.2.10) does not detect any scsi cards when
booting though system information on the pci slots does know it's there. Is
there some option I should set / alter somewhere to get it to work (there
doesn't seem to be a scsi HOWTO - except for a programming guide).
tfyh

2. Installing Linux on Xbox - first impressions

3. RAID Controllers under SuSE 6.2

4. help setting up nic - netcfg fails!

5. Red Hat 6.2 won't install, freezes on Adaptec 2940 controller.

6. Bad CRC error when downloading

7. Red Hat 6.2 can't install -- is it the RAID controllers?

8. /dev/null

9. Please help...can't get SuSE 6.2 installed.

10. SuSE 6.2 install loses CD-ROM interrupt=>freezes

11. SuSE 6.2 NIC install help

12. SuSE 6.2 install on EIDE CDROM drive

13. Junk Box PC - Install SCSI T130B under SuSE 6.2 - Help