error 0x10 at boot: in slackware

Post by Jeremiah Iso » Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:00:00

ok, ive successfully install slackware 3.5 on a 486 and it works
perfect.  now im setting up a second.  so i RAWRITE my boot and root
disks (identical hardware in either system, same boot and root disk
images)  i boot up, get the intro message and then the "boot:" prompt
where you can pass parameters.  i dont need any so i hit enter and it
starts loading ramdisk or something and then stops and gives an ERROR
0x10.  ACK

so ive changed absolutely every piece of hardware in the system,
including the case and power supply, different everything and EVERY time
i get this error message.  i didnt get it before.

any ideas?

thank you,
guy in oregon

Post by Thomas Zaji » Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> ok, ive successfully install slackware 3.5 on a 486 and it works
> perfect.  now im setting up a second.  so i RAWRITE my boot and root
> disks (identical hardware in either system, same boot and root disk
> images)  i boot up, get the intro message and then the "boot:" prompt
> where you can pass parameters.  i dont need any so i hit enter and it
> starts loading ramdisk or something and then stops and gives an ERROR
> 0x10.  ACK

Sounds like a bad floppy.

Quote:> so ive changed absolutely every piece of hardware in the system,
> including the case and power supply, different everything and EVERY time
> i get this error message.  i didnt get it before.
> any ideas?

Maybe change the floppy? ;-)

HTH,
Thomas
--
=---------------------------------------------------------------------=
-        Thomas Zajic aka ZlatkO ThE GoDFatheR, Vienna/Austria        -

error 0x10 at boot: in slackware

Post by Jeremiah Iso » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> > ok, ive successfully install slackware 3.5 on a 486 and it works
> > perfect.  now im setting up a second.  so i RAWRITE my boot and root
> > disks (identical hardware in either system, same boot and root disk
> > images)  i boot up, get the intro message and then the "boot:" prompt
> > where you can pass parameters.  i dont need any so i hit enter and it
> > starts loading ramdisk or something and then stops and gives an ERROR
> > 0x10.  ACK

> Sounds like a bad floppy.
> > so ive changed absolutely every piece of hardware in the system,
> > including the case and power supply, different everything and EVERY time
> > i get this error message.  i didnt get it before.
> > any ideas?

> Maybe change the floppy? ;-)

ummmm, (slapping head)  i realized last night that the only piece of hardware
i HAVENT changed was the floppy drive, i was in denial so i tried other floppy
disks, different errors, like floppy read errors or whatnot OR i got the same
error some other time during the ramdisk load.  so ive got a floppy drive on
the way to try tonight.

hehehe, oops

appreciate the second opnion!  :)

1. Error 0x10 on Slackware Floppy boot?? Help

I am trying to install Slackware 3.1 and when I boot the floppy, at the
point where it says to press return, it comes back with an 0x10 error (very
helpful).  Is this some problem with the floppy?  I've tried several
different floppies to no avail.

Please help.

Rob

2. 3COM 3c509 card and linux

3. What is "Error 0X10" after booting with Slackware Release?

4. Recommended Backupscripting

5. slackware bare.i boot problem : Error 0x10

6. News client

7. Error 0x10 booting from Linux boot disk

8. limits in apache suexec

9. boot error 0x10 (where can I find error code descriptions?)

10. Install boot disk error 0x10

11. Error 0x10 from Linux boot disk

12. Linux Newbie Q-LILO boot from FDD states "Error 0x10"-HELP!

13. Boot Error 0x10