CD-ROm ? WHat CD-ROM

Post by Scott19 » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I am booting linux during set up using what I belived was the proper disks
for my mitsumi cd-rom player.  I have set up my file system, made a swap
drive activated it, mounted a separate dos partition then when set-up
comes time to start loading files --- it cannot mount my cd-rom drive?????

Help please!!!!  What Have I done wrong??? any suggestions would be
welcome with open arms.

Kevin

I've just ploughed through the entirety of misc,hardware and setup, to no
avail;  I installed Linux from the sbpcd boot disk (as I have a Panasonic
CD-ROM drive hanging off a SoundBlaster-compat. card), and the CD-ROM drive
chugged away happily to give me the OS.  However, my concerns about the size of
everything I was prompted to install made me decide NOT to install the linux
source.

Now, when I boot up the CD drive cannot be mounted because of 'wrong fs, blah
blah, or other error'.  I interrogated sbpcd.h (I *did* install the includes)
and the setup was incorrect.  Because I can't mount the CD drive I can't get
the source off the CD - re-booting off the boot disk (sbpcd) and trying a
reinstall  from the CD using setup gives a warning that the CD drive can't be
mounted.

Should I delete the linux partition and start from scratch again?  I do really
need to access the CD drive, and I realise now that it is kind of useful to
have the OS source.

Apart from that, it's great having a proper OS on my PC at last!

John

2. Newbie question: Configuring LILO's default setting

3. CD-ROM driver for Turtle Beach/Funai 6X CD-ROM?

4. PnP Sierra modem on Toshiba Infinia

5. Intsall from CD-ROM without a CD-ROM

6. Two keyboards with different layouts

7. Strange CD-ROM Issue (aka CD-ROM Problem)

8. Mandrake 9.0 (Internet Problem)

9. PAS 16 CD-ROM and Slakware96, mounting CD-ROM crashes system

10. Mount CD-ROM over network and report as CD-ROM

11. Universal CD-ROM resells LINUX CD-ROM

12. Q: Mitshuma CD-ROM and InfoMagic Cd-ROM

13. Upgrading to SCSI CD-ROM from IDE CD-ROM