Q: "shutdown is running"

Post by Dung B » Mon, 29 Apr 1996 04:00:00

When i shutdown or reboot my linux 1.3.91, i got the message:
"shutdown is running"

and nothing is happening. This problem just occurs recently.
I wonder if i can get help fixing this problem.

Right now, i have to power down the machine because i can not do a proper
shutdown. This causes the kernel to run fschk everytime i boot linux

Regards,
Dung Bui

Q: "shutdown is running"

Post by bubb » Mon, 29 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>When i shutdown or reboot my linux 1.3.91, i got the message:
>"shutdown is running"

>and nothing is happening. This problem just occurs recently.
>I wonder if i can get help fixing this problem.

>Right now, i have to power down the machine because i can not do a proper
>shutdown. This causes the kernel to run fschk everytime i boot linux

Try the 'reboot' or the 'halt' command. Then the next time around
the shutdown should work. Don't know why,but I've seen it on my own
system, something to do with lock or temp files.

bub.

Q: "shutdown is running"

Post by Brian Jens » Tue, 30 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: When i shutdown or reboot my linux 1.3.91, i got the message:
: "shutdown is running"

: and nothing is happening. This problem just occurs recently.
: I wonder if i can get help fixing this problem.

: Right now, i have to power down the machine because i can not do a proper
: shutdown. This causes the kernel to run fschk everytime i boot linux

goto /etc and remove the file shutdown.pid

This is the file that gives Shutdown it's Process ID

: Regards,
: Dung Bui

URL  : http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/4097