Red Hat installation problem

Post by Thomas Bontrage » Fri, 11 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm having an installation problem with Red Hat 4.0 that seems to have
something to do with ramdisks. I'm trying to install using the single
boot floppy in a: and the CD-ROM (a message says that the drive has been
recognized). The kernel on my boot floppy sets up 16 ramdisks, according
to a message, but later it tells me that there is no memory available to
load--the message goes:

        no ramdisk found at 500.

Above, there turned out to be a listing of "space available for

Much thanks, and please email me directly if possible.

--tom

1. Help Help, Help me with my Red Hat installation problem

Hello Happy Holidays,

I'm having a very hard time installing Red Hat Linux on my PC.  I have a
200Mhz Pentium with 48Megs of ram, and 5 gigs on the hard drive.   I'm
trying to use the hard drive specifically for Linux.

 The problem is with my graphics card; it's an Elsa Gloria -L 16meg PCI.
Red Hat states that they support my card, but I can't seem to get it
working.  I was under the impression that when I install Linux, I would be
able to select the correct drivers from a menu with in the Lunux
installation.   I can't get past the born shell.  When I enter the command
startx,  the system goes blank and a message appears stating that the server
kill.

 Also When I attempt to configure the x server I don't know what type of
clock my card has.  I know that it has I 3D Labs chip set, but that's about
it.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Red Hat's Page hardware compatibility

www.redhat.com/support/hardware/intel/61/rh6.1-hcl-i.ld-10.html#video...
6-sort-man

Elsa Home Page   www.Elsa.com

2. access NTFS file system

3. Red Hat installation problem - newbie

4. improved version of lpr lacking file size limitations?

5. RED HAT...INSTALLATION PROBLEMS!!!!

6. Anybody has Xconfig for TSENG4000 or TRICOM?

7. Help me with my Red Hat installation problem

8. Apache

9. Pleae help!! Red Hat installation problem.

10. red hat installation problem

11. Red Hat Installation problem-checking 'hlt' instruction

12. Red Hat Installation Problems

13. Red Hat Installation problems