BEST LINUX CERTIFICATION?

Post by Adrian Penal » Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:08:14

Which one of these is the best Linux professional
certification (most popular, most recognized, and
most practical):

*Tech Linux Certification

Linux Professional Institute Certified Levels

Prosoft Linux Certified Administrator

Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)

Sair Linux/GNU Certified Administrator (LCA)

Certified Linux Administrator

BEST LINUX CERTIFICATION?

Post by stepha » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:45:01

> Which one of these is the best Linux professional
> certification (most popular, most recognized, and
> most practical):

> *Tech Linux Certification

> Linux Professional Institute Certified Levels

Linux Certifications are probably best viewed like drivers' licenses: anyone
can get one, but they don't mean that the holder really knows what the hell
he's doing out on the road.

----- stephan
Registered Linux User #71917 http://www.veryComputer.com/

BEST LINUX CERTIFICATION?

Post by Michael Perr » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:36:14

Quote:> Which one of these is the best Linux professional
> certification (most popular, most recognized, and
> most practical):

> *Tech Linux Certification

> Linux Professional Institute Certified Levels

> Prosoft Linux Certified Administrator

> Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)

> Sair Linux/GNU Certified Administrator (LCA)

> Certified Linux Administrator

I think that the LPI is a pretty good program.  I know a lot of the people
that have contributed to it including a few on the executive staff.  A lot
of effort and technical methodology has been put into it.

I have not gone through any of the programs/levels; but from what I have
seen working at a Linux company in the past, the LPI stuff is pretty
detailed.

Just my take though and I don't mean to lessen the positive approaches any
of the other candidates on your list offer.

1. BEST LINUX CERTIFICATION?

Which one of these is the best Linux professional
certification (most popular, most recognized, and
most practical):

CyberTech Linux Certification

Linux Professional Institute Certified Levels

Prosoft Linux Certified Administrator

Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)

Sair Linux/GNU Certified Administrator (LCA)

Certified Linux Administrator

2. RH7 Upgrade...Anybody done?

3. what is the best Linux certification ?

4. IDE ? SCSI ? duh uh

5. BEST LINUX CERTIFICATION?

6. Can two modems share an IP address?

7. Linux certification programs - which is best?

8. Installing a desktop icon

9. Red Hat Certification vs Sair Linux and GNU Certification

10. Certification - What's Best

11. Sun inserts "Best before 2005" expiry on certifications.

12. Best certification guide?

13. best places to practise for Solaris Certification