1. RH 5.1 Kernel Patch for AW35 Sound Card
I'm trying to get Linux to use my AW35 sound card. Have read some
DejaNews articles about the CS4232 chipset, etc. Think I have the
isapnp.conf OK. But isapnp < isapnp.conf produced no results. Further
searching lead me to ftp.redhat.com/pub/sound, to download a patch for
kernel modules for various soundcards. Bravely, I set out to patch /
rebuild the kernel (first time, old RSX hacker, not used to
"non-commercial" wares). patch -p1 --dry-run < 2_0_34-modular-1_patch
produced a handful of failed hunks before segment faulting.
I have many questions. Am happy to read whatever references you can
point me to. I would like to know how to resolve failed hunks. Also, I
actually wasn't sure what to download from RedHat's ftp site. Maybe I
have the wrong patch? I have 2_0_34-modular-1_patch.gz. A good
patch-HOWTO would be helpful, I think. Then, I will need a copy of patch
which doesn't coredump. Probably can build that (not a c hacker however
- assume a good distribution will save me).
My configuration is:
kernel 2.0.34 #1 RedHat 5.1
pentium 133 - homebuilt
Triton VFX chipset
Maybe there's a production kernel with the sound modules already there?
Understand odd numbers, e.g. 2.1.xx are experimental, haven't seen a
Please help. Unlike other posters, I'm commited to never having Win98.
As soon as Corel releases PhotoPaint for linux, or I get really good at
gimp, I'll be Micro$oft free! Well, I have to get along with my office -
2. Getting on the internet
3. Diald Compile Problem Under RH 5.1 w/updates applied.
4. Lilith Banshee 16MB AGP XF86 ?
5. RH 5.1 -> kernel 2.1.122 , kernel panic
6. SO.CA: Sr.SW Engineer / www
7. RH 5.1: problem with "-d" option of "patch"?
8. ESS Solo-1 Audio Supported in Linux?
9. Year 2000 patch: to apply or not to apply?
10. Patching tru64 5.1/trucluster 5.1
11. How to use egcs to compile kernel on RH 5.1?
12. RH Kernel w/5.1 PPP-built in?
13. Building Kernel on RH 5.1 Sparc