Help Sparc Linux Network install

Post by Eli Cikowsk » Wed, 03 Dec 1997 04:00:00

    I'm trying to install Linux (Redhat for Sparc) over a network
connection from my Linux machine, and I just can't seem to get it to
work, even thought I followed the RedHat examples to the letter  When
the Sparc finishes copying the boot image from the Linux machine, I get
the message "Data Access Exception".  When I tried the same thing with a
SunOS bootimage, it copied and booted fine.  No one else appears to have
these problems with Linux or NetBSD, since I haven't found any messages
in the support area, does anyone know how or if I can fix this problem?

Eli Cikowski

1. Installing RH Linux 5.2/Sparc on Sparcstation2 via my Windows95/98 peer-peer network

Hello!

I would like to install Redhat Linux 5.2/Sparc on a  Sun SS2 via my
Windows95/98 peer-peer network. I would have loaded RH Linux on a
CDROM drive, but the only SCSI I could find at work is not compatible
with the SS2. I'm fairly new to unix in general - I have limited
experience with shell accounts at my previous school. And I'm very new
to the Sparc2, as I just picked it up recently.

I'm not sure what steps I need to take to accomplish the install. The
Sparcstation2 is running Solaris 2.5.

My questions are -

1) How do I setup the SS2 under Solaris 2.5 for the correct network
settings for my LAN? (ie, I would need to set it as 192.168.150.4)

2) Once I download RH 5.2/Sparc onto one of my Windows98 PC's, how to
I get the Sparc2 to retrieve it and begin installation?

Thanks greatly for your help!

2. hard link disadvantages?

3. Sparc linux network install problem!

4. using timer_list / add_timer / del_timer

5. installing linux onto sparc w/o access to floppy,cd,network

6. Soalris 2.6 on Secondary IDE controller

7. help installing g77 on SPARC 2 running RedHat LINUX 5.2?

8. DIP bombs after a short time period

9. HELP Install Red Hat Linux on Sun SPARC

10. Linux Sparc Install Help

11. HELP!! How to install Linux on a SPARC

12. HELP!!! LINUX INSTALL ON SPARC

13. Sparc Linux Install HELP! PLZ!