Newbie question: virtual screen resolution

Newbie question: virtual screen resolution

Post by Maurits Hafkensche » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi all!

How do I change the resolution of the virtual desktop?

Best regards,
Maurits "I am not a computer nerd, I have a social life" Hafkenscheid

|      Change hemispheres when using the above addresses...      |

"It goes against the grain of modern education to teach children to
 program in a computer language. For what's the use of making plans,
 acquiring discipline in organizing thoughts, devoting attention to
 detail and learning to be self-critical?" -- Anonymous (AFAIK)

Post by N. Emile Akabi-Davi » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Hi all!

> How do I change the resolution of the virtual desktop?

Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config. Toward the end of the file, you
will see sections that deal with the screen. Change the
values for virtual.

Caio
N.Emile
<DeR vInYl JuNkIe>
/* Standard disclaimer in place */
#include <disclaimer.h>
      --------------------------------------------------------   ^ ^
        The crowd couldn't wait 2 C this ..... I'm still the     * *
                   deepest on the mic since Adidas                |
                        ... Rakim (the 18th Letter)              \_/

Newbie question: virtual screen resolution

Post by James Youngma » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

  Maurits> Hi all!
  Maurits> How do I change the resolution of the virtual desktop?

man XF86Config

skip all the material until you get to the heading "Virtual".

Post by Lassi Rytel » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Hi all!

> How do I change the resolution of the virtual desktop?

When your X (XFree86) is running with Alt Ctrl +If you don't get the
resolution you want, maybe you should check your /etc/XF86Config file.
The thing is that it is possible that there is no such resolution that
you want, because of parameters you gave when you configured your your
monitor/display card.

- Lassi

Newbie question: virtual screen resolution

Post by Maurits Hafkensche » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>> How do I change the resolution of the virtual desktop?
>Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config. Toward the end of the file, you
>will see sections that deal with the screen. Change the
>values for virtual.

Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for!

--
Best regards,
Maurits "I am not a computer nerd, I have a social life" Hafkenscheid

|      Change hemispheres when using the above addresses...      |

"It goes against the grain of modern education to teach children to
 program in a computer language. For what's the use of making plans,
 acquiring discipline in organizing thoughts, devoting attention to
 detail and learning to be self-critical?" -- Anonymous (AFAIK)

1. Changing screen resolution AND virtual resolution?

Hi,
Does someone know if it is (or is not!) possible to change both the
screen resolution AND the virtual screen resolution at the same time
with the Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Plus/Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus keystrokes? I
typically run at 1024x768 but would like to be able to change to 800x600
or 600x480, but without getting the "scrolling" virtual screen as a side
effect.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Max.

2. PC VENIX comms problems - help!

3. Screen Resolution and virtual Screens

4. Can't Run Glint

5. Virtual screen size and screen resolution

6. MSN Hell

7. Silly Question - How to change "virtual" screen resolution in X11?

8. PAM passwdqc

9. newbie Question - Screen Resolution

10. Newbie screen resolution question

11. Newbie question on screen resolution

12. Really newbie question: how to change screen resolution?