Monitor error

Post by EC93 » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 14:09:30

i got mandrake installed, during
installation, when chosing monitor, i
picked high frequency, but when i boot
up my monitor goes on stand by
and
all my lights flashes. how can i change
my monitor setting so i can
finnaly get into linux. TK

Monitor error

Post by dbian.. » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:19:11

> i got mandrake installed, during
> installation, when chosing monitor, i
> picked high frequency, but when i boot
> up my monitor goes on stand by and
> all my lights flashes. how can i change
> my monitor setting so i can
> finnaly get into linux.

Start Linux in single-user typing linux single at the LILO:
prompt, then modify the /etc/inittab to start in console mode
instead of graphical mode. Edit the line

id:5:initdefault:

put a '3' where the '5' is.

Restart the machine, so you can see the login prompt, then
use Xconfigurator or whatever there is in your distribution to
fix the configuration for X. See also the XFree86-HOWTO.

Davide

1. XF86Config PB8551VGG monitor error Signal 11

I have not been able to properly config the XF86Config file for my
Packard Bell monitor PB8551VGG (mainly because I do not have the specs
for this monitor) When I run Startx it returns the following error:

Fatal server error: Caught signal 11. Server aborting.

Does anyone have the this monitors specs or know where I can get them.
Does anyone know what this error means? Any suggestions will be
appreciated.

Tony

2. Getting user input in csh on SCO Unix

3. lockd: fail to monitor ERRORS

4. Apache Problem

5. monitor error

6. Accidental deleted! HELP!!!

7. VMWare monitor error on read/modify/write to cr4

8. Post to linux.dev.SOUND!

9. lockd: fail to monitor ERRORS

10. SunOS error msg: rpc.lockd: Cannot contact status monitor!

11. ./monitor: syntax error at line 86: `end of file' unexpected

12. TFT monitor reporting error

13. Monitoring System Error Messages ( Errpt ) ?