dvips source

Post by George Woodwort » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I consistently get a segmentation fault when I try to run dvips.
I was advised to get the source code from www.cdrom.com and
recompile it.

I am TOTALLY BAFFLED as to how to find the source code on the above.
I found the Slackware96 source directory, but the instructions
MAKE NO sense whatever.

I followed the instructions as far as grep'ing:

grep usr/bin/dvips /var/adm/packages/*

and got the response:

/var/adm/packages/ntb-dps:usr/bin/dvips

So I went into ./a/bin and tried to find dvips.

No luck.

I'd appreciate any tips as to how to recompile dvips.

George Woodworth

dvips source

Post by James Youngm » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>I consistently get a segmentation fault when I try to run dvips.

Run it under strace(8).  That may reveal your problem.

--
James Youngman       VG Gas Analysis Systems |The trouble with the rat-race
 Before sending advertising material, read   |is, even if you win, you're

1. Can any open source compiler convert C++ source to C source?

Hi.  I have a tool for doing static program analysis of C programs,
but I would like to run it on a C++ program.  I don't need to compile
the resulting code, just run it through this static analysis tool.
The output doesn't even need to be readable.  Is there any compiler
that will do this that I don't have to spend a lot for?

Please email response in addition to posting.

Thank you,
Daniel
daniel_wilkerson at yahoo.com

2. Need help with Trantor T160

3. DVIPS printout

4. X11R6 and Paradise Bahamas 64 SVGA (S3-864)

5. NTeX under Linux---dvips segfaults, & ghostview not using right fonts

6. USB quickcam logitech

7. dvips doesn't look good

8. SUNWvge packages

9. dvips segmentation fault

10. dvips segfaults with new kernel

11. Latex/dvips/lyx help!

12. LaTeX: dvi500, dvi550 can't find fonts (dvips OK)

13. dvips